vbulletin.org DOWN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by filburt1
    I'm being ignored, though...has anybody updated the DNS entries for either domain to use vB.com's DNS entries instead or in addition to the current ones?
    Wouldn't help.
    They use IP-based virtual hosting, not name-based.
    My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
    That forum

Comment

• No we haven't. The issue is not a DNS issue. If it were, then no one could access the site. Access right now is limited to people who do not have to route through particular providers, mostly providers that have large data presences in storm-struck areas of the Midwestern United States.

Hard to fix routers if they are under water or thrown halfway across the state by tornados.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Is there no way for TWTelecom and AT&T (IIRC the two bad hops) to just redirect traffic for the time being?
        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          No we haven't. The issue is not a DNS issue. If it were, then no one could access the site. Access right now is limited to people who do not have to route through particular providers, mostly providers that have large data presences in storm-struck areas of the Midwestern United States.

Hard to fix routers if they are under water or thrown halfway across the state by tornados.
          Yeah I got an email from my old employer stating they want me to come back to work for them on Monday to bring up some weather struck sites. And that sucks big time, it's not a fun thing to do at all

Comment

• Originally posted by amykhar
            I am getting the impression from this thread that nobody has even contactacted VO because they don't want to pay the support charge. It seems they are just waiting for the issue to resolve itself and haven't reported it to anybody.

My impressions may be mistaken. I am a bit confused as to who the responsible party would be for this issue. Xenon and Erwin are admins, but the site is sitting on John's server. I don't know who would have to pay for the support ticket or who has the duty to call.

On a side note, do you think the fact that nobody is really sobbing that the template site is down is hurting that crew's feelings?

Amy
            Erwin and Me are responsible for the Content of the site, we have nothing todo with the Server itself.
            As there is also a problem for vb-t, the another responsible person should contact them.

Hell, i even don't know the specifics exactly whats a router or a DNS, i'm just a coder and hoping, that the sites will work again ASAP...
            The price of freedom is eternal vigilance!
            - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by filburt1
              Is there no way for TWTelecom and AT&T (IIRC the two bad hops) to just redirect traffic for the time being?
              Considering they are primary data providers, I would assume so. However they don't provide support to us.

Support would be something like:
              End-User (you) -> vBulletin Team -> Ventures Online -> Datacenter -> Tertiarary data providers -> Secondary data providers -> Primary Data providers.

Not knowing exactly how Ventures Online data center is setup, I am not sure how much red tape has to be gone through just to talk to a support rep from AT&T let alone get someone to actually do something that doesn't involve union overtime pay. Then again, it may be difficult to reroute 20 GBPS fibre optic lines.

Sometimes things can't be resolved instaneously. We are sorry for the issues that you are having accessing these sites and if it were something under our control they would most likely be working now. We have tried everything on our end, even your previous suggestion of rebooting the server to no avail. We will just have to wait at this time until the upline network problems are resolved. We have notified the appropriate people who are working on the issue.
              Last edited by Wayne Luke; Sat 10 May '03, 8:07am.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• I use to be a VO customer, and seems a though if this were a major problem, there would some mention of it on the VO site. I don't see anything listed for network status. I checked here: http://www.voinfo.net/

no mention of any network problems of any sort....

Comment

• Originally posted by Smoothie
                  I use to be a VO customer, and seems a though if this were a major problem, there would some mention of it on the VO site. I don't see anything listed for network status. I checked here: http://www.voinfo.net/

no mention of any network problems of any sort....
                  Hmmmm, that's true. They always put up the current status of any on going issues or problems and the progress in fixing them. Interesting.

Comment

• If the server would only be running name-based virtual hosting.... :|
                    stupid 48+h outage..
                    My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
                    That forum

Comment

• I'm surprised VO haven't done anything about it yet, they're an extremely highly reputable host and well, they normally have things resolved quickly, or at least let their customers know what's wrong...

Comment

• Code:
                         6    13 ms    28 ms    13 ms  tbr2-p013501.sffca.ip.att.net [12.122.11.89]
                         7    54 ms    42 ms    55 ms  gbr2-p50.ormfl.ip.att.net [12.122.12.130]
                         8    41 ms    41 ms    42 ms  gbr2-p20.dvmco.ip.att.net [12.122.5.26]
                         9    41 ms    55 ms    41 ms  gar2-p370.dvmco.ip.att.net [12.123.36.141]
                        10    55 ms    41 ms    55 ms  12.124.158.110
                        11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
                        12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
                        13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
                        14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
                        15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
                        16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
                        17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
                        18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
                        19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
                        20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
                        21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
                        22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
                        23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
                        24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
                        25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
                        26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
                        27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
                        28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
                        29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
                        30     *        *
                        eh.... sanfran CA...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark_Wizard
                          I see alot of ideas here and honestly if your a Networking person you can plainly see it's either a layer 3 switch or (most likely) a router issue NOT a DNS issue or a NIC issue!. It appears it may be an interface problem or a routing loop thats why some can get to it while others can't. Whoever controls the routers in VO must check the routing tables and ARP table to see where the problem exists.
                          Layer 3? Routing Loop? ARP? Man, that brings back memories of my Cisco courses.
                          Last edited by Brett Power; Sat 10 May '03, 10:34am.

Comment

• Fron Verio's web site.....
                            Anyone know what mmm10 is?

Network Control Center:
                            Friday, May 09, 2003 at 08:44:06 (EDT)

The issues that some customers on mmm10 may have experienced are not resolved. We apreciate your patience as we worked to resolve this issue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Network Control Center:
                            Friday, May 09, 2003 at 08:10:13 (EDT)

Some customers may experience problems accessing their sites and services on mmm10. Our Systems Administrators are currently working to resolve this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Comment

• Albuquerque, New Mexico:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
                              (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Nathan Engquist>tracert http://www.vbulletin.org
                              Unable to resolve target system name http://www.vbulletin.org.

C:\Documents and Settings\Nathan Engquist>tracert VBulletin.org

Tracing route to VBulletin.org [205.214.66.221]
                              over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 284 ms 288 ms 275 ms nas1.Albuquerque1.Level3.net [63.215.26.154]
                              2 266 ms 275 ms 275 ms gige7-0-1.hsipaccess2.Phoenix1.Level3.net [63.21
                              5.24.3]
                              3 270 ms 275 ms 275 ms ge-6-0-1.mp2.Phoenix1.Level3.net [64.159.3.113]

4 280 ms 275 ms 275 ms so-3-0-0.mp1.LosAngeles1.Level3.net [64.159.1.12
                              5]
                              5 275 ms 288 ms 288 ms gige9-2.hsipaccess1.LosAngeles1.Level3.net [64.1
                              59.1.217]
                              6 288 ms 275 ms 275 ms unknown.Level3.net [209.245.88.110]
                              7 269 ms 288 ms 288 ms core-01-ge-0-2-0-0.lsag.twtelecom.net [168.215.5
                              4.93]
                              8 297 ms 327 ms 314 ms core-01-so-1-0-0-0.dnvr.twtelecom.net [168.215.5
                              5.213]
                              9 308 ms 314 ms 314 ms sagg-01-rif-1.dnvr.twtelecom.net [66.192.245.90]

10 360 ms 314 ms 314 ms 66-162-99-2.gen.twtelecom.net [66.162.99.2]
                              11 * * * Request timed out.
                              12 * * * Request timed out.
                              13 * * * Request timed out.
                              14 * * * Request timed out.
                              15 * * * Request timed out.
                              16 * * * Request timed out.
                              17 * * * Request timed out.
                              18 * * * Request timed out.
                              19 * * * Request timed out.
                              20 * * * Request timed out.
                              21 * * * Request timed out.
                              22 * * * Request timed out.
                              23 * * * Request timed out.
                              24 * * * Request timed out.
                              25 * * * Request timed out.
                              26 * * * Request timed out.
                              27 * * * Request timed out.
                              28 * * * Request timed out.
                              29 * * * Request timed out.
                              30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

C:\Documents and Settings\Nathan Engquist>

I hope this gets fixed soon, in the meanwhile I hope someone else can tell me where I can get VBulletin hacks (that's why I just purchased VBulletin!)

Comment

• You can only gets hacks at vB.org, at least officially.

BTW I can access it without a proxy now...it's just slow. It makes it past the TWTelecom hops okay.
                                --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                                Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                                vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X