X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB007
    replied
    Crap , huh?
    Without UBB , there is no vBulletin !!! vBulletin developers are just cloning UBB hacks .. that's all and you think that vBulletin is much powerful than UBB? Let's count .. how many hacks did to UBB and how many to did vBulletin ??!!! In spite of the fact that ubb 5 does not use templates, it is much easier to customize than the vBulletin's template system.

Leave a comment:

• John Harrison
    replied
    umm looks crap.
    Sorry I dont see anything great in UBB v6.0

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Funny. I went to view that thread and it had been deleted.

However about the "Rate this User" feature. I think this is a bad thing. It will cause strife and turmoil among community members. It will cause people to leave, people who had previously been active participants.

This is why I am working on a system like Karma. It still allows a level of trust to be built but it will change over time. Many people will post good and bad posts. With Karma the actual post is rated but that in turn reflects upon the member who posted it. In a good system there will be less turmoil and chaos and the system will run itself.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    Forum Settings

* You can now delete forums. Doing so will also delete all posts in that forum automatically.
    About time eh?

Sorry but nothing about that excites me. Oh yeah and where are the changes to the search engine? Wait they didn't change that search engine? What the hell were they thinking?

Leave a comment:

• Mitrofan
    started a topic UBB6 released here is the list of stuff

UBB6 released here is the list of stuff

http://www.scriptkeeper.com/cgi-bin/...c&f=3&t=000492

Looks like UBB is catching up with VB. One new feature I noticed is the ability to rate users. Users can rate other users. Pretty cool.

I am still gettin VB2 though. UBB Can't beat database driven board like VB

[Edited by Mitrofan on 01-20-2001 at 10:10 AM]
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X