Miraserver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miraserver

Has anyone ever bought this script? I have purchased it Tursday night, was told it would take 24 hours before I would get the download. They apparantly had some problems in the past so now they wait for the charge to go through etc etc. Well it's been 24 hours and I'm still waiting. Luckily I paid with my CC so in case I have to, I can back out of it.
    http://www.icecreamforum.com

I own it and i love it! Expensive but it is a great script, 1.0Beta is out, can't wait for final, then i'll relaunch my site
    Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

Originally posted by IDN
      I own it and i love it! Expensive but it is a great script, 1.0Beta is out, can't wait for final, then i'll relaunch my site
      I am just so anxious to get this going on my site. I think this is going to add that extra something I've been wanting. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Don't download 0.9, i did and i got errors on the fresh install, it has been nothing but buggy for me, but 1.0 should be good.

I can't remember what version, but i used .7 or something when it was very simple, now it is bloated kinda.

No offense to David (The owner) But he doesn't put alot of time into the product support wise. He takes awhile to reply at times, and he is busy with his websites, terrible support but when he does reply, it's all good, nice guy.

Great product though, hopefully he will put more time into it so it will grow. I am kind of upset that he upped the renewal to $40

Comment

Originally posted by IDN
          Don't download 0.9, i did and i got errors on the fresh install, it has been nothing but buggy for me, but 1.0 should be good.

I can't remember what version, but i used .7 or something when it was very simple, now it is bloated kinda.

No offense to David (The owner) But he doesn't put alot of time into the product support wise. He takes awhile to reply at times, and he is busy with his websites, terrible support but when he does reply, it's all good, nice guy.

Great product though, hopefully he will put more time into it so it will grow. I am kind of upset that he upped the renewal to $40

Yeah when I asked some questions Thursday, I had an answer back in about an hour. I just hope I don't have to wait too much longer before I can download this.

How are the templates? Are they easy to figure out and change the look?

Comment

I havn't used the new version, which has the templates stored in the mysql database (Like vBulletin) But i use dthe old version which had the files stored in a .php file

Well, when i dealed with the .php files, yes they were. You can do anything you want with this, it is the CMS so the backend is provided, but you make the front end.

With the frontend example layout, you can just cut and past the php files into your layout, i did. You need VERY basic php knowledge to edit the sample frontend, and need to know some html..

Comment

Originally posted by IDN
              I havn't used the new version, which has the templates stored in the mysql database (Like vBulletin) But i use dthe old version which had the files stored in a .php file

Well, when i dealed with the .php files, yes they were. You can do anything you want with this, it is the CMS so the backend is provided, but you make the front end.

With the frontend example layout, you can just cut and past the php files into your layout, i did. You need VERY basic php knowledge to edit the sample frontend, and need to know some html..

Wow, should be pretty easy then! Thanks again!

Comment

No problem, when i first got it i kinda used it illegaly, well sort of. My friend was not using it so he let me use it, it was pretty buggy and such, i liked it so much i bought the license from him.

Plan to renew, even though it is $30 to renew. Great software IMO.

Comment

I got to finally download this but when I ran the install, I got a error on step 5. Hopefully David will get this worked out so I can get this running. There is a message in the customers area saying the install script was fixed of an error yesterday and I am wondering if this is the same error.

Comment

Well it is still in beta

Comment

Originally posted by IDN
                      Well it is still in beta
                      Exactly!

Comment

The old version doesn't have an install script, have to put info in a config file an dupload the db yourself..

Well, the old versions wern't "less" buggy themselves

Comment

Originally posted by HexOnxOnx
                          I got to finally download this but when I ran the install, I got a error on step 5. Hopefully David will get this worked out so I can get this running. There is a message in the customers area saying the install script was fixed of an error yesterday and I am wondering if this is the same error.
                          This error should have been fixed. Else Add the entries yourselve to the db and continue with step 6.
                          Ueli

Comment

Originally posted by orca
                            This error should have been fixed. Else Add the entries yourselve to the db and continue with step 6.
                            You use it too?

Comment

Originally posted by orca
                              I have no idea what to even do with the entries. I will just wait for the help.

Just in case you know what to do.... here is the error:

Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

Query: INSERT INTO access VALUES (1, 'Administrator', 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1)

Have any ideas?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X