AIM IP Sniffers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIM IP Sniffers

I desperately need an AIM IP sniffer right now. Someone in town (supposedly) has issued threats online, basically this person supposedly has a hitlist. Our school went under `total lock down code-red` for nearly an hour. Police are looking for info leading to an arrest. This information comes with a $1000 reward. Anyone care to help?

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...id=24361&rfi=6
    Last edited by CeleronXT; Wed 23 Apr '03, 11:23am.
    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

I have one somewhere I'll see If I can dig it up.

When was this

Comment

The lockdown was yesterday. I believe the chat was the night before. I know everyone who was in that chat, except Mystyc..
      "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
      "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
        The lockdown was yesterday. I believe the chat was the night before. I know everyone who was in that chat, except Mystyc..
        Well, get the SN, that's nearly as useful. The police can get the logs from AOL.

Comment

There is a way to do it, you sort of have to trick them into giving you their IP address. But then again, what good is an IP address?

All of this in a Middle School? You'd think those kids don't know how to operate a gun.

Comment

You can just have the local police call AOL. When they call AOL they give them the person screenname and AOL can tell them the IP and everything. Happned to me before thats how it was solved. If you really want a sniffer ask at http://forums.originalicons.com someone will find one.

Comment

Originally posted by stanmxl
              There is a way to do it, you sort of have to trick them into giving you their IP address. But then again, what good is an IP address?

All of this in a Middle School? You'd think those kids don't know how to operate a gun.
              It's high school...

And AOL has the profile of someone else registered. We need the IP to find out who it really is. (This other person is being framed)

Comment

There was a mention of a middle school somewhere in that article...Sorry

The point is linking the IP to the correct person. It is possible to broadcast a fake IP or to not be able to even trace it to the right person.

Comment

While possible, I don't think this person is all that smart. And it's not hard to link the IP once you get it.

Comment

There is one.

You give them a link that says http://gooogle.com and it really points to http://youip.com

and the sniffers watches for ips to come to your ip, and displays them..

I want half of the $1000 if i give you a sniffer..
                    Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

There's an idea.. I'll point them to my /testvb/ folder and give them the username and password.. and look at Who's Online the Guests.

I want half of the $1000 if i give you a sniffer..
                      NO! You banned me from j00 site!

/me cries openly

Comment

Give them a link to free pr0n, with one of those www.yoursite.com/free/pr0n/instant_access.php URL's.

Then, just have that log the IP's
                        :)

Comment

umm i think the cops probably are able to do all this crap and more they got some smart nerds in there bureau probably.
                          My FFXI Linkshell Website
                          - http://www.stealthvertigo.com

Comment

Originally posted by kdog316
                            umm i think the cops probably are able to do all this crap and more they got some smart nerds in there bureau probably.
                            Lol, no they don't. You've never seen the Cumberland Police.

Comment

Oh, there's a much easier way using just aim. Use your heads!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X