I am looking for a good ad Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am looking for a good ad Network

I know the term “good ad Network” may be an oxymoron, but I am still looking.

Right now I have around 250,000-page views per-month. I could give top and bottom, as it would not interfere with anything I am doing now. I am not interested in any more affiliate programs nor am I interested in CPC. I Would love to get $1.00 cpm is this unrealistic? Whom do you use and whom would you recommend?
    The DVD Coupon Post

Have you considered the following Ad Networks?

http://www.burstmedia.com

http://www.doubleclick.com

http://www.sonarnetwork.com

Comment

I got rejected from the first one, and I don't have 1,000,000 impressions per-month so I don’t qualify for the second one.

I will check out

http://www.sonarnetwork.com
      The DVD Coupon Post

Comment

sonarnetwork is DBLClick's baby brother. I got approved by them and then I read their requirements.

You have to place 2 banners per page, 1 top, 1 bottom, and a HUGE button telling people they are your ad network, with a link back to them, getting no referral fees for sending them new publishers and/or advertisers.
        Webmaster:
        @forumz

Comment

Unforutanly, I am just looking for something that is CPM based now. I need to fund an upcoming dedicated server. I saw the button on their site. Does it have to go on every page? What was their payout like?
          The DVD Coupon Post

Comment

I never added them. I thought their requirements ridiculous. They basically want to double up on the pageviews plus make you advertise for them for free.

As for getting pure CPM, good luck.
            Webmaster:
            @forumz

Comment

I talked to a friend of mine who runs a site and is using burst. She told me that only 20% of her page views are CPM, most are CPC or default rotation where you get absolutely nothing.

She said she had 300,000 page views for last month, she made a whopping $32.50

I think the days of online advertising through these distributers is dying because of the lack of success of online banner advertising in general.

Comment

actually, I think things will get better, they're just going to be bad for a while.

I was lucky enough to get great users who are sending in contributions to keep the forum going through the hard times.

Flycast/Engage is where I was getting the best rate, but this month has been crap thus far. For 400k pageviews so far I've made $117.
                Webmaster:
                @forumz

Comment

The way I look at it every little bit helps. If I can squeeze $100 -$200 out of my site through CPM I am making progress. I agree that things will eventually pick-up again, but right now business are down on the Internet in general. That is unless you are doing a B2B site. I laugh when I hear people talking about how that is the next big Internet Boom. That market is so much smaller than the general consumer market. I find it ironic that business are willing to spend money in that smaller market when they did not have success in the much larger consumer market.
                  The DVD Coupon Post

Comment

I was sent this today and I thought I would share...

http://adage.com/i20/srmain.html

When dot-coms awoke at the end of spring to find their coffers nearly empty, many pulled the plug on marketing. Suddenly dot-coms touted slashed ad budgets as proudly as children with straight-A report cards. Prudence replaced aggressive, pull-out-all-the-stops extravagance as a badge of honor.

But in cutting back on marketing spending, what were dot-coms risking? Evidently not much, contends Charlene Li, senior analyst at Forrester Research.

"Usually if you decrease your marketing, your revenue will take a hit. But what I've found is that a lot of these dot-coms were wasting their marketing dollars," she says. "So by cutting their marketing dollars, it didn't have any impact on revenue because the advertising wasn't doing anything in the first place."

Comment

the bigger sites will cut their advertising revenue and it will stay down for a while. they have "brand" recognition, so they can rest on their laurels for a while.

smaller sites should start jumping in soon with the costs of advertising at rock bottom prices. while the big dogs don't need the advertising because everyone has heard of them, the little guys can benefit from lower prices as the advertisers struggle just to keep dollars flowing and doors opened on their firms.

people on the net tend to favor underdogs, so this will work better for smaller companies for a while, drawing people away from the big dogs, which will make them start advertising again and the prices will go back up.
                      Webmaster:
                      @forumz

Comment

and something to remember, too, is that a significant chunk of the big dogs revenue comes from selling ad space.

I've seen that the number of people purchasing things online has started to decrease, or rather not increase with the rate of new people online. I guess the online stores will soon be suffering, too. I guess it's things like the CDUniverse Credit Card debacle and others not being as secure as they should be.

The next year should be interesting.
                        Webmaster:
                        @forumz

Comment

FYI:

http://www.sonarnetwork.com is no longer accepting “message boards” as new publishers.

So…

I guess I am going to sell my own ads, which brings up another question. Is there a good script out there for ad management (Banner Rotation) that works well with Vbulletin? Most of the ones I see seem to require SSI, which I do not know how you would get to work inside the forum.
                          The DVD Coupon Post

Comment

Enter Dot-Banner. It's been created by a VB license owner to be compatible with VB. http://www.dot-banner.com

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion , but unfortunately I am using php3 and that system requires php4.

Does anyone else have any suggestions.
                              The DVD Coupon Post

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X