If you don't have a credit card...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you don't have a credit card...

...see if your bank can get you a Visa Check Card. I just got mine, it's so awesome. You can use it wherever Visa is accepted which is pretty much everywhere.

Only downside is that it doesn't build credit. However it's free to use.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

I have a credit card, check card and ATM card. I use the credit card only online and the ATM card often. Never used a credit card in real life or a check card.
    Last edited by stanmxl; Mon 14th Apr '03, 2:37pm.

Comment

My Barclays CC is free to use (if you pay in on time) and its got some great guarantees like price matching, extra years insurance on things you buy and an internet protection guarantee
      Raz - KMC Forums

Comment

Wouldn't an actual credit card be better for establishing a credit record?

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
          Wouldn't an actual credit card be better for establishing a credit record?
          You have to if you want to do that because the Visa CC doesn't affect credit.

Comment

Something about these "check" cards really bother me. The credit card company basically has zero risk but still charges the merchant a 2-3% discount rate, for something I pay with basically what is CASH upfront.

Prices go up for the consumer as a result.

No thanks. If I have the $ with me I'll pay with cash and say "screw the bastard banks".
            Well, there it is.
            - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

You tried paying cash online lately?

Comment

I havent been able to get a CC yet, but I have my vias check card...but they say not to use them online cause retailers dont have to help you as much if something is wrong...not sure if thats true tho

Comment

There's a $0 liability with the card, though...

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
                    You tried paying cash online lately?
                    No I only pay with a regular credit card online.
                    Well, there it is.
                    - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

I can't seem to get either anymore...

horrible credit

and I can't get a check card because of something that's on my Chex record that wasn't my fault (someone stole my checks and wrote $50,000 in bad checks -- geee... thanks lady <-- she worked for Current), and the bank that I used at the time, got bought by another bank, and the new bank can't find my damn account records.

*sniff*

Comment

Have you tried getting a secure credit card rockergrrl? That is where you open a savings account and you get a credit card with a matching amount. Might work for you.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Most want more money than I can afford to put into one, right now lol

Someday...

me=poor right now

Comment

Originally posted by Skeptical
                            Something about these "check" cards really bother me. The credit card company basically has zero risk but still charges the merchant a 2-3% discount rate, for something I pay with basically what is CASH upfront.

Prices go up for the consumer as a result.

No thanks. If I have the $ with me I'll pay with cash and say "screw the bastard banks".
                            Well, the 2-3% are already in the prices if you pay here in Switzerland. So if you pay cash, you actually pay 2-3% more...Means the store earns that.
                            Ueli

Comment

Originally posted by orca
                              Well, the 2-3% are already in the prices if you pay here in Switzerland. So if you pay cash, you actually pay 2-3% more...Means the store earns that.
                              We get that in some U.K. supermarkets too. Thieving bastards. (well, that's how I feel )

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X