X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTV True Life: "I own vBulletin"

JOHN! DO IT! lol

Hi, Im Josh
    Sometimes I become Anorexic to pay for my vBulletin Upgrades.

I also Rob Banks to Buy in Bulk Licenses.

I know I gotta Crazy vB life , but it's fun

JK

Comment

Originally posted by f-a_org
      Sometimes I become Anorexic to pay for my vBulletin Upgrades.
      If that is the case, you should quit worrying about vBulletin and get a job. A yearly upgrade costs me less than a dinner out per month.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        If that is the case, you should quit worrying about vBulletin and get a job. A yearly upgrade costs me less than a dinner out per month.
        Does it cost you anything?
        "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
        "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
        Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

I deduct any associated costs from my invoices for working for Jelsoft.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Why... You can get it for free anyway, can't you?
            "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
            "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Comment

So what's the non-cryptic, non-lawyer-friendly version of that phrase?
              :)

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel
                So what's the non-cryptic, non-lawyer-friendly version of that phrase?
                I pay for the software just like everyone else. I have never asked for a discount so I am not sure if there is one or not.

If I worked anywhere else, I would be expected to pay for any products I wanted. Some companies give minimal discounts like 10-20% but most that I have worked for don't. I would never expect to assume that I get something free just for working for a company. Unless, I have written permission it is stealing and against my moral ethic to do so.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Odd.

I've head that Jelsoft employees who purchased their own licenses mysteriously find their expiration dates somewhere around 2020.

Comment

lol.... vB7!

Comment

Originally posted by vBR
                      Odd.

I've head that Jelsoft employees who purchased their own licenses mysteriously find their expiration dates somewhere around 2020.
                      Yep, I heard the same.. Somewhere between 2010 and 2020....

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
                        Yep, I heard the same.. Somewhere between 2010 and 2020....
                        Im sure James probably just deducts the 30$ out of their paychecks every year.

Comment

Yeah, Chen said he found the vB.org license to run out like in 2020 something....

But Wayne has a good point, still have to pay for it just like everyone else.

Comment

Damn and I was hoping to get discounts working at a strip club.
                            Well, there it is.
                            - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Originally posted by Skeptical
                              Damn and I was hoping to get discounts working at a strip club.
                              You'll get better discounts working as a pimp.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X