• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: USB to IDE adapter.

I'm looking for an external caddy for 3.5" HDD's
    It must be USB 1.0 compatible.
    Suppliers in the U.K. are preferred.

Can anyone provide URL's to suppliers of such a device please?

Thank you.

p.s. I have checked eBay so there's no need to suggest there.

http://www.usbgear.com/item_425.html

These things LITTER the net. Just do a google. There are hundreds of them.

Comment

Originally posted by NetherChris
      http://www.usbgear.com/item_425.html

These things LITTER the net. Just do a google. There are hundreds of them.
      Thank you NetherChris', but, that link you posted is for a USB 2 /1.1 caddy.
      I need something that will be compatible with USB 1.0
      A little more difficult to find.

Comment

USB 1.0..? Just get a USB 2 PCI card?
        "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
        "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
        Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
          USB 1.0..? Just get a USB 2 PCI card?
          Thank you for the suggestion, however, it must be used with other computers where my father works which will not be upgraded.

Comment

Originally posted by vBR
            Thank you for the suggestion, however, it must be used with other computers where my father works which will not be upgraded.
            Oh.. Well that will be difficult then.
            "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
            "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
            Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
              Oh.. Well that will be difficult then.
              Yes, I was noticing that.

Comment

USB 1.0? That sounds like Windows 95-B era...

Anywho you won't find one. Even if you did, Win95B (which i'm assuming you are running) has zero support for plug in mass storage devices except things like Jaz, Zip... old school things. If you are, by some means, running windows 98... I wish you luck, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. It's like using a straw as a water main with USB1... most people don't even find it to be worth the cost of the cable.

Comment

Well, you can use a USB2 drive enclosure, but it slow down
                  Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

The machines we are having trouble finding compatibility with have USB 1.0 and are running Win 98, SE or not I do not know.
                    Most caddies I find are USB 2.0 and backwardly compatible with 1.1 but not 1.0

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X