ASP is annoying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASP is annoying

Does anyone know how the heck ASP can work? I have an ASP enabled server I am on, I have uploaded many different ASP scripts and none of them work. I don't understand this crap at all...

My problems seem to deal with

Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    Server.CreateObject("JMail.SMTPMail")
    Last edited by Throwing Shapes; Fri 26 Sep '03, 8:54pm.

The script you are using in looking for JMail, a SMTP module.
    You can get it here:

http://tech.dimac.net/

You probably have CDONTS installed. This is on it's way out and most coders use Jmail or another SMTP package.
    It also looks like you don't have the db drivers installed.
    Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

I downloaded the Jmail program yesterday, installed it on my computer and nothing. I think my web host are probably the ones who should be installing these things right? or am i wrong?

I've found some scripts work, but the minute I try to make any changes in the admin section for the script or anything tries to write to the .mdb file it has errors. I have permissions set 777 through my ftp...

Apparently my host uses CDONTS... and not Jmail.
      Last edited by Throwing Shapes; Thu 10 Apr '03, 2:30pm.

Comment

Yes your host has to install the controls.
        The .mdb file is an Access db file. Your host will have to install your db for you.
        You can change your script to use CDONTS instead of JMail by changing all instances of JMail in the script to CDONTS. Most coders add an option to pick the mail handler.
        I have Snitz forum running on one of my sites and it has the ability to use a number of mail controls.
        Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

Originally posted by Throwing Shapes
          I've found some scripts work, but the minute I try to make any changes in the admin section for the script or anything tries to write to the .mdb file it has errors. I have permissions set 777 through my ftp...
          I'm guessing you're getting a "Permission denied" error? If so, then you just need to ask your host to enable read and write permissions on the directory in which your database resides. With IIS/Windows 2000 you can't set the permissions yourself through ftp (CHMOD).

About the components; like AWS said, they need to be installed on the server. Usually webhosts don't allow you to install any components, but you could ask your host to install them for you.

Comment

Working...
          X