Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banner Theft

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Banner Theft

    Aha, this one site stole my banner and attempted to write their own site name on it...
    Check this out, my site here:

    http://www.starcraftsector.com/main.shtml

    And the other...

    http://www.geocities.com/clan_cyber_warriors/Home.html

    They did a terrible job of reusing it too...
    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

  • #2
    That's not nice.
    Still, I like the way they kept your site's name on it.

    Comment


    • #3
      I can't believe someone would have the nads to do that wtf?

      Comment


      • #4
        people do stupid things when i first got in to making websites, some guy stole every page from my site and i found out because the guy was to stupid to remove my email address from the contact page, so i was getting people emailing me about the site

        Comment


        • #5
          Who is back? Even after you banned him?
          Running vB since 4-14-2002

          Comment


          • #6
            I have found if you keep your cool when contacting pixel bandits they'll sence this calmness as power and act accordingly. Don't let give them the power to raise your blood pressure also

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by IDN
              Who is back? Even after you banned him?
              huh, what have i done that would get me banned

              Comment


              • #8
                Maybe that is the other WHO
                Running vB since 4-14-2002

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by IDN
                  Who is back? Even after you banned him?
                  Originally posted by IDN
                  Maybe that is the other WHO
                  OMG, ? WHO ?'s been banned?
                  How did I miss that?
                  What finally did it?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CeleronXT
                    Aha, this one site stole my banner and attempted to write their own site name on it...
                    Check this out, my site here:

                    http://www.starcraftsector.com/main.shtml

                    And the other...

                    http://www.geocities.com/clan_cyber_warriors/Home.html

                    They did a terrible job of reusing it too...
                    Why don't you just contact geocities and get them to remove their site!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by vBR
                      OMG, ? WHO ?'s been banned?
                      How did I miss that?
                      What finally did it?
                      I think it was because he doesn won VB and just posted crap messages?
                      Running vB since 4-14-2002

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by dynamite
                        Why don't you just contact geocities and get them to remove their site!
                        I sent them an email telling them they had 15 days to remove it for a new banner. I said that if after the 15 days they were still using it, I'd do just that.

                        EDIT: Hah, just realized the email was bounced.. Anyone know what address to contact to have it removed?
                        Last edited by CeleronXT; Wed 9 Apr '03, 10:23am.
                        "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                        "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                        Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CeleronXT
                          I sent them an email telling them they had 15 days to remove it for a new banner. I said that if after the 15 days they were still using it, I'd do just that.

                          EDIT: Hah, just realized the email was bounced.. Anyone know what address to contact to have it removed?
                          why would you give them 15 days to remove it?

                          I would say 24 hours.
                          http://www.ironmagazine.com - blog
                          http://www.ironmagazineforums.com - forums
                          http://www.ironmaglabs.com - supplements

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Prince
                            why would you give them 15 days to remove it?

                            I would say 24 hours.
                            Doesn't matter now, the webmaster will never get the message..

                            I need the address to email to get the site removed..
                            "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                            "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                            Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/geo/cgi_abuse

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X