Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Text Editors

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Text Editors

    What text editor do you use? I have tried several, but all but UltraEdit caused problems when editing functions.php for some reason. My 30 day evaluation for UE is up and can't afford to purchase it now. I'm looking for something similar that won't cause problems with my functions.php file.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Dotagious
    What text editor do you use? I have tried several, but all but UltraEdit caused problems when editing functions.php for some reason. My 30 day evaluation for UE is up and can't afford to purchase it now. I'm looking for something similar that won't cause problems with my functions.php file.

    I use textpad on windows. If i just have to make some small changes i just log on to the server and use pico.

    Comment


    • #3
      Personally I use TextPad. It gets the job done great IMO.

      *edit..cyo barley beat me to it
      Webmaster / Administrator
      www.MegaGames.com
      www.MGForums.com

      Comment


      • #4
        I just use Notepad / Wordpad
        Running vB since 4-14-2002

        Comment


        • #5
          Notepad is cool in most instances, But you can't find line numbers with it
          Motorsport Forums

          Comment


          • #6
            Wordpad on Windows, emacs on Linux.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mark Hewitt
              Notepad is cool in most instances, But you can't find line numbers with it
              Yes you can...

              Edit > Go to
              Running vB since 4-14-2002

              Comment


              • #8
                I use EditPlus. Has nice little features such as syntax highlighting etc.

                Also allows you to open files off your FTP then when you hit "save" its automatically re-uploaded to your site (good when you keep needing to change small stuff)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Vile
                  Personally I use TextPad. It gets the job done great IMO.

                  *edit..cyo barley beat me to it
                  i didn't put the link in. That is what made me beat you.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Maguma Studio for PHP on Windows, BBEdit on OS X.
                    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      UltraEdit 32 is a very good choice

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        UltraEdit here
                        Scott MacVicar

                        My Blog | Twitter

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          UE-32 as well. =)
                          "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                          "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                          Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            AriseSoft Winsyntax

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Dotagious
                              What text editor do you use? I have tried several, but all but UltraEdit caused problems when editing functions.php for some reason. My 30 day evaluation for UE is up and can't afford to purchase it now. I'm looking for something similar that won't cause problems with my functions.php file.
                              vi! At least when I'm on my linux comp...which is currently gone, due to the HD melting...

                              On window I use Textpad, as previously mentioned.

                              Comment

                              Loading...
                              Working...
                              X