No announcement yet.

Text Editors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Ultra Edit, by far, my favorite editor.

Comment

Originally posted by mdx381
      I use Ultra Edit, by far, my favorite editor.
      Ive been hearing that alot, I might have to try it out..

Comment

Originally posted by DWZ
        I use EditPlus. Has nice little features such as syntax highlighting etc.

Also allows you to open files off your FTP then when you hit "save" its automatically re-uploaded to your site (good when you keep needing to change small stuff)
        I used EditPlus until it craped out on me. I have to re-install it on every system restart, which makes it hard to use I am using DreamWeaver MX now, until I find something better cuz it sucks.

Comment

Ultraedit - couldn't program with out it

Comment

vi

Quality Hosting - Viper Internet
            We Make Server Management Easy! - EasyServerManagement.COM

Comment

I used to use UltraEdit and it always failed me miserably in performance. About three years ago, I switched to Textpad and haven't looked back. It may not have FTP, but it does things that are only a faint dream to Ultrapad users.

For example, if I see a standard PHP function that I don't recognize, I can highlight the word and get help from the PHP documentation right from the help menu. I can set up help for HTML, ASP, .NET, MySQL, or any other language I want as well. It has color syntaxing for every computer language known to mankind. It can compile my C++ applications and put any errors in a window so I can double click them and go right to the error. You can add any command you want whether it is made of of Textpad macros, external programs or programs on a website somewhere. It does Regular Expressions in searching which are very handy. Store unlimited templates for things like HTML, PHP Functions, Regular Expressions, Javascript, etc... There is a lot more that it can do as well.

On Linux, I use Pico... Not much to it but it gets the job done. I don't use Macs so I don't anything about their software.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                It may not have FTP, but it does things that are only a faint dream to Ultrapad users.
                I used textpad some times there is a very basic ftp script that you can add to user tools.

http://www.textpad.com/add-ons/index.html

Not quite ideal but save me a few seconds at times.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I <3 Vim!
                  http://www.statgfx.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X