Apache 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apache 2

I've noticed that many sites out there still use Apache 1.3.27, despite the availability of Apache 2. I've been running Apache 2 without any trouble for some time now, why are others so hesitant to upgrade?

I have no clue... I upgrade as soon as I could.

Comment

A lot of people are dependent on other systems. You will notice that many sites are still using php 4.2.3 or MySQL 3.23.51 (or lower)... Apache 2 doesn't integrate well with those systems.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

PHP 4.3.2 is the first one with stable Apache 2 support, apache 1.3.x sapi worked faster with all previous versions of php. This was due to a problem with flushing been done multiple times through the script even when the setting in php.ini wasn't on.
        This has been corrected in 4.3.2 and the new apache 2 filter is now being implemented.
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by stanmxl
          I've noticed that many sites out there still use Apache 1.3.27, despite the availability of Apache 2. I've been running Apache 2 without any trouble for some time now, why are others so hesitant to upgrade?
          Apache2 doesn't work with Resin very nicely. I also feel it's a way off playing nicely with PHP
          http://forums.cpfc.org/

Comment

So does Apache 2 work fine with PHP 4.3.1 now?

I have Apache 1.3 installed on XP (for dev crap), but I just upgraded to 4.3.1 for the hell of it. Speaking of which, GD is supposed to be included in PHP right? So why dont I see it anywhere in my phpinfo? Do I have to seperately install it?
            forums: pcfx.cc
            gallery: here

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. X
              I have Apache 1.3 installed on XP (for dev crap), but I just upgraded to 4.3.1 for the hell of it. Speaking of which, GD is supposed to be included in PHP right? So why dont I see it anywhere in my phpinfo? Do I have to seperately install it?
              I just had this problem a few days ago, check out my thread here with what I had to do to fix it

Comment

Cool thanks, seem to have it all working fine now.

btw, does the latest version of mySQL work with Apache 2 and PHP 4.3.1 fine as well? Im using 4.0.5 beta myself.
                Last edited by Mr. X; Fri 4 Apr '03, 9:48pm.
                forums: pcfx.cc
                gallery: here

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. X
                  Cool thanks, seem to have it all working fine now.

btw, does the latest version of mySQL work with Apache 2 and PHP 4.3.1 fine as well? Im using 4.0.5 beta myself.
                  Yes. I've been using the latest everything (PHP, Apache, mySQL) for some versions now without any difficulty.

Comment

PHP 4.3.2 for Apache2 which is a RC at the moment.
                    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

as it relates to RC2 - don't waste your time - it's buggy.

I installed it on my test server last night (RH Linux 7.2, Apache2) and it although the forums appeared to work fine, it would not save certain fields on the admin screen to the database (Mysql 4.0).

However the latest Mysql 4 is a dramatic improvement speed wise over 3.23. My board experiences an average of 70 http connections and Mysql 4 will always maintain about 15 connection (non persistent) as opposed to about 4 or 5 connection with Mysql 3.23. Not sure why but it really doesn'y matter since my server never goes over 1.0 even when 100 people on line.

therefore: wait a few weeks until PHP 4.3.2 is a fully supported release. For now 4.3.1 works just fine.

- jeff

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X