Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Georgia Constitution is unconstitutional!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Georgia Constitution is unconstitutional!

Sorry, I just have to do this.

To perpetuate the principles of free government, insure justice to all, preserve peace, promote the interest and happiness of the citizen and of the family, and transmit to posterity the enjoyment of liberty, we the people of Georgia, relying upon the protection and guidance of Almighty God, do ordain and establish this Constitution.

How does this contradict the United States constitution? I'm not too familiar with it.

Comment

The fact that the United States has freedom of religion, but saying "God" in the Georgia Constitution instead of a more general term.
      "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
      "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
      Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

I'm guessing just about every state constitution also has this, after randomly picking two states in my mind: California and Loisiana, and their constitution also says something similar.

Maybe I should make a "Big thread of potentially unconstitutional constitutions!".

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X