Video Card Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Card Question

I have an ATI Radeon 8500. I'm also tryin to tweak some settings in a game (Raven Shield) to optimize it. I've tried messing with the refresh rate but everytime I touch it (vid card settings or game settings) it moves the screen either left or right. I'm also trying to turn off anti-aliasing (vid card setting) and something called VSYNC (vid card setting). Does anybody know how to do this? I've looked around for it. I have the latest drivers and control panel from ATI. Also, what can I do about the refresh rate? Or are there any places to get more information on this? I've looked around but either I'm not looking in the right places or it doesn't exist (I'm thinking the first one). Thanks!

Desktop >right click > properties > settings > vid settings > advanced > control panel >open GL settings and extra's / advanced settings. Should be there.

Comment

Nope, I don't see it there. hmm..

Comment

Originally posted by Radon3k
        Nope, I don't see it there. hmm..
        Yes, generally when changing the refresh rate, it will move the screen over. You just need to realign the screen afterwards.
        "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
        "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
        Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Ah OK. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Radon3k
            I have an ATI Radeon 8500. I'm also tryin to tweak some settings in a game (Raven Shield) to optimize it. I've tried messing with the refresh rate but everytime I touch it (vid card settings or game settings) it moves the screen either left or right. I'm also trying to turn off anti-aliasing (vid card setting) and something called VSYNC (vid card setting). Does anybody know how to do this? I've looked around for it. I have the latest drivers and control panel from ATI. Also, what can I do about the refresh rate? Or are there any places to get more information on this? I've looked around but either I'm not looking in the right places or it doesn't exist (I'm thinking the first one). Thanks!
            Dont worry about it, RvS is astonishingly buggy, the performance issues have to be another bug related problem, there simply is no other way to explain such shoddy fps on high spec machines, besides that some lower spec machines get higher fps than the high spec's.

Ima Ge4 128MB, 1GB DDR, 2100XP = 30-40fps average some maps, and the 40fps in RvS feels like the 20fps of other games, its just horribly bugged.

Comment

Also, screen position will sometime change after a resolution change, as well as the aforementioned refresh rate change.
              "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
              "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
              Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm awaiting a patch in the hopes it'll fix the bugs.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X