My site might get the boost it needs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My site might get the boost it needs!

Well, i'm home schooled so i do school a few hours a day, and my neighbor wants me for his business (Across the street, he owns a business from his home)

I have no source of income, so it is pretty sucky, but if i work 3 hours a day at $8 an hour (What we agreed on) 4 days a week, for a month i can make $384 a month, which would be great.

I might actually get some income to advertise my tech site

I would probably spend the money on a new Gfx card, tv card, then an LCD, and spending some money on my web site for advertising and such

I'm just so glad, plus me and my family split the cost with our other neighbors for a pressure washer, so i will probably go around this summer and put some flyer's up at the mail boxes for pressure washing (Probably charge 25$ for labor, rent, gas, for a drive way) And there is 103 hours in my area, if i get 30 houses, that is $750, minus the rent for the washer i would pay (Since it is split between us and the neighbors for extensive usage of it)

So things are looking good
    Running vB since 4-14-2002

Good luck to you IDN Hope everything works out for you...

Comment

I'm thinking of advertising at Webhostingtalk, frewebspace, and sitepoint?

Where else would be good and fairly cheap (Under $100 a month) to advertise my tech site?

Comment

its all about advertising, im currently making just under a grand a month in ad spots, and currently closing a deal with a local company to pay 100% of my dedicated server bills along with free equiptment rentals (lighting, sound, setup) for any parties I may wanna throw. perks
        MSN: [email protected] | MAIL: [email protected] | FOLIO: mholman.com

Comment

Google is a great place to advertise. You can manage the costs and everything. And make sure you get in the face of the clients you need. In a subtle way.

And
          Just keep posting topics here about your site, subtle spam is also good advertisement.

(no animals were hurt during the making of this post and this post has been realized with 'Frankies Car Wash - 2$ a service!')

Comment

Google is really great now. It used to be pay-per-impression last time I checked but we're advertising the special sale on it today and it's pay-per-click, with awesome rates for some pretty common terms (webmail, etc.). You can control your daily budge, decide exactly where your ad will be shown, and other cool settings... and besides, it's Google.
            Chen Avinadav
            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

do you have a link to the new google rates chen?
              MCSE, MVP, CCIE
              Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Asendin
                do you have a link to the new google rates chen?
                They depend on the keyword, some are more expensive than others. Start with the adding campaign routine and you'll see what I mean.
                Chen Avinadav
                Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

/me notes that today would be a great day to search on "webmail" ... *gets CC out*
                  Bike Forums.net

Comment

Chen, do you have a link to more information on this?

Comment

Start here: https://adwords.google.com/select/?hl=en

and go through the steps listed. The cost for your ads depends on what the previous advertisers are paying and what slot you are willing to work for.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Well i spent today 5 hours calling every fish hatchery in washington..

I had fun, only got 2-3 bad apples, although only 1/3 answered so i need to call tomorrow

Then i'm folding about 400 pieces of paper in 3rds "Pamphlets", we were gonna go hiking but i was too tired from the hike we did on saturday

Comment

Job is going good, took home some work i need to do research on. Gotta visit government websites and see if we can get a contract with them

Comment

congrats on the new job IDN

Comment

Thanks, no benefits (), but hey, least working an hour and then some will allow me to pay for my site for a month. Plus not bad for my first "Real" job

I'll probably pay for a tv card first, then who knows.. Hopfully a 18.1 Inch LCD Screen or so..

So far i've got one appointment set for him, and a bunch of other people are interested but i need to call em back. And it's so nice to have a REAL job and i can wear whatever i want and just walk across the street to work.

Now i need to figure out taxes if i make a good amount of money, but he said the more i work, more he needs me. Only problem is he might not be able to afford me for for long hours monthly, so he has to call up and see what his budget is for me. If i can get some sales, then i'm sure i can get some nice hours behind me

I am also his mini computer tech, I try and fix his computers while i'm on the job, but i try and do that for free since it's no sweat.

I also saving him a good amount of money cause he has broadband AND dialup, so he called MSN and talked about getting the "Bring your own connection" and he'll get rid of his extra phoneline (He has 4 so far) and i'll find him a router so he can save some money.
                              Last edited by IDN; Wed 2 Apr '03, 10:16pm.

Comment

Working...
                              X