No announcement yet.

PHP Editors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many of these threads are we going to have? lol.

(Dreamweaver MX)

Comment

I tried winsyntax, but it closes my files if I click my scrollwheel

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
        I personally would not be able to live without EditPlus 2.
        Let the man preach!

Comment

I just cant use somthing like editplus or phpide or ultraedit that looks like some kid made it in Visual Basic

Comment

I use UltraEdit for everything. I'm not sure what would a php-specific editor have as advantage.

Comment

UltraEdit works fine, but it looks like some kid made it in visual basic, and I cant use somthing like that

And EditPlus is worse

WinSyntax is ok, and would use it if I could fix that scrollbutton bug

Comment

I use ultraedit as well and I dont know what i'd do without it, it displays everything i need and the fact i can open my sql dumps is good.
                Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I use TextPad like Wayne. The bracket matcher is timesaver ^ infinity. I would buy TextPad JUST to have the bracket matcher capability. Although the color coding and auto line spacing after entering is nice too (if a bit annoying at times)

I've used EditPlus before, and the only feature I miss from it is the multi-line search and replace.

They should make TextEditPad Plus that combines the best features from each one (hopefully WITHOUT the idiotic interface from EditPad, though. That sucker used 99% cpu time when I moved my mouse over the controls!)

Comment

Hmm...Try EditPlus again. I don't know how long they've had multi-line search & replace, but at least for the last year. In version 2.11, click the More button next to the Help button at the bottom-right of the s&r window.

Comment

I think most people here agree that using a general purpose editor is better than those php-specific ones because until now, they provide no real advantage. So, just go and pickup your favorite text editor. After all there is no such thing as "the best one", it's all personal preference.

Check shareware/software sites for editors people use the most:
                      1- Tucows sorted by rating: http://www.tucows.com/htmltext95_rating.html
                      2- CNET Download.com sorted by number of downloads: http://download.com.com/3150-2352-0-1-5.html?

Basically try UltraEdit, TextPad, & EditPlus then pick the one you like. They all provide the same functionality. Major differnces I would believe are in the user interface only. Once you get used to one of them you'll like it.

R.L.

Comment

EditPlus 2 is awesome... I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blink|vB
                          I tried winsyntax, but it closes my files if I click my scrollwheel
                          hmm... not aware of that. Of course, my laptop doesn't have a scrollwheel.

Comment

I've heard good things about Dreamweaver MX. I intend to try that one of these days.

Comment

PHP Coder here

Comment

What about normal and free PHP editor for Linux?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X