Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need A File From Someone With XP Pro....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need A File From Someone With XP Pro....

Every now and then randomly on my computer, I get an error that says C:\I386\LANG\CHSBRKR.DL_ is corrupted. Can someone with XP Pro email me this file (it's presumeably in C:\I386\LANG...) at [email protected] so I can replace this file? Thanks in advance.
    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

You can probably get it from the Windows CD.

Comment

I can't find the Pro CD, only the Home CD.. Ever since I lost the CD, my philosophy for this computer has been to take extra good care of it so I wouldn't need it for reinstallation and whatnot. That's why finding a system file corrupted came as such a blow to me.

I did find this file on the Home CD, but I'm not sure if it's exactly the same as that of the Pro CD.. If someone can definitely confirm that they are the same, I'll just use that one, but it's probably easier to just send me the file rather than do something like opening the Home and Pro files as text and comparing them in Araxis or something....
      "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
      "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Comment

Try installing a service pack. It might happen to have the file.
        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Already has SP1a, I keep all of my computers except 2 entirely up-to-date with WinUpdate.

Comment

I know but try downloading the standalone ("network install") service pack and using that instead.
            --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
            Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
            vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

If you have a valid registered license, you can get a replacement disk for shipping and handling costs. Just call Microsoft and let them know. Since the system is already activated and should be registered, there won't be any problem if you don't try to install it on another computer.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

What Wayne said. They don't care about the CDs... its the license you pay for.

Comment

And the support.. which is why OEM costs less?

Which number should I call? Regular support numbers...?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                    If you have a valid registered license, you can get a replacement disk for shipping and handling costs. Just call Microsoft and let them know. Since the system is already activated and should be registered, there won't be any problem if you don't try to install it on another computer.
                    not free (though you would think it would be) they make you pay $50 + shipping and handling
                    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Seriously,

If you pay for a license that is SO rediciously high, then you tend to keep the original cd safe ..

Lost your original cd, lol

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
                        Seriously,

If you pay for a license that is SO rediciously high, then you tend to keep the original cd safe ..

Its pretty easy to loose them if your like me, I just leave it on my comp table, and can't find it the next day, I had to get the cd shipped 3 times, once with xp pro, 2000 pro and xp home.

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
                          Seriously,

you would think so , i cant even lose the cds i dont want
                          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Send 'em to me.
                            :)

Comment

lol
                              MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                              Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X