CD's or Vinyl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD's or Vinyl

I'm confused, not sure wheter to build my collection with vinyl or cds. What do you think? I'm 17 years old, going to uni in a bit. I can afford the decks no worries, i can afford a nice system no worries! So cd's or vinyl, pros and cons etc?

Anjam

what's vinyl?

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
      what's vinyl?
      You know those big old skool records - 12 in?

Anjam

Comment

Records

Comment

oh. I have never heard them called vinyl before.

Comment

You're making me feel old, Jake.
            iComix :: web comics

Report Post | IP: Logged

Comment

Bah, vinyl is the right term for it!

(Don't listen to anyone who tells you different )

Comment

Originally posted by anjam
                I'm confused, not sure wheter to build my collection with vinyl or cds. What do you think? I'm 17 years old, going to uni in a bit. I can afford the decks no worries, i can afford a nice system no worries! So cd's or vinyl, pros and cons etc?

Anjam
                Reel-to-reel.

Comment

CDs, definitely - you'll be thankfull when you have to move!

Comment

http://www.crcradio.net/issue10/Cdsvsvinyl.html
                    http://www.mpfreescene.com/forum/ind...ST&f=7&t=6271&

Some diehard audiophiles claim Vinyl will sound better with the utmost best record equipment, but aside from geek factor, I'd go with CDs anyday, just too many advantages to it.
                    forums: pcfx.cc
                    gallery: here

Comment

Some go for vinyl coz, well, it's the music "media" of choice during the "good old days of music" ... some find the "crackling" in old Vinyl records before the song plays to be an integral part of the music itself ...

Technically, CDs are superior, in sound and in form, and anyone who says Vinyl is superior is on nostalgic crack

Reminds me of that guy's request in Armageddon to bring back 8-track tapes, lol ...
                      OPEN TECH SUPPORT
                      "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

CD'S

Sold all my vinyl many many years ago.

Come to think of it I should have held on to them, could have been worth some money.
                        PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Comment

On this subject, does anyone have recommendations on the available equipment to transfer music from vinyl records to digital format?
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I don't have any vinyl records but people say their quality of music is much better than CD's... but I have no idea if that's true (since it doesn't really make much sense ).
                            Chen Avinadav
                            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

So far i think i'm with cd's then. Anyone persuade me towards vinyl?

Anjam

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X