Record Breaking Day (I love VB!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Breaking Day (I love VB!)

I just had to share this because I am still in shock with the numbers!

Today, on my main board, we had a major record! 144 users on at the same time, over 620 topics in the active topics, and over 2200 posts!! WOW!!!!

On my smaller boards (offshoots from the main board), I had a record of 63 people, 1100 posts and 340 topics! The other board had 60+ people, 1000 posts and 314 topics.

WHAT A DAY!!!! I love VB! It's handled all three with speed and ease!!!!!! I LOVE VB!!

can you share your URL's with us??
    Webmaster
    http://www.AutomotiveForums.com

Comment

woah.. congrats me2be

are all those 3 vBs on the same server ? what's the hardware your on ?

:: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
        are all those 3 vBs on the same server ? what's the hardware your on ?
        The main board is on it's own server and the two smaller boards share their own dedicated server. Both are P800mhzs, 1 Gig ram

Comment

Originally posted by auto
          Actually, because of the content of our sites, I don't like posting the URLs here. Let's just say they're women related! (And no, not a place to pick women up)

Comment

hmmm...... very mystic.....
            Webmaster
            http://www.AutomotiveForums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Me2Be
              Originally posted by auto
              Actually, because of the content of our sites, I don't like posting the URLs here. Let's just say they're women related! (And no, not a place to pick women up)
              hehe.. definitely not the place to pick up women... definitely LOL

me2be, did you by any chance see your servers' load averages on this record breaking day ?
              :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
                me2be, did you by any chance see your servers' load averages on this record breaking day ? [/i][/B]
                Shoot! No, I didn't. Thanks to Chris S's suggestion, I upgraded my MySQL to the latest version and that definitely speeded things up!

If we hit these levels tomorrow, I'll check again! I had been averaging about a load of 4 -5 (yes, high I know - but it worked).

Comment

okay.. here's to another record breaking day tomorrow !!!

i am just fishing for real world performance figures.. seeing as my new server will be close to those specs - P3 733, 256mb (well not in ram)

Comment

Today, on my main board, we had a major record! 144 users on at the same time, over 620 topics in the active topics, and over 2200 posts!! WOW!!!!
                    Congrats on the numbers! It took me a year to get 2200 posts and 620 topics I guess i need to get some women on my forums, gosh darn.
                    Bike Forums.net

Comment

Congrats!

We've had recording breaking days too and I'm amazed at the traffic. I've decided to purchase a server just as you describe, Me2Be, and I'm so excited about it. We will colocate it with catalog.com.

Thanks for sharing your stats with us. Its exciting to see you grow!

We've recently had over 60 women on the vb all at the same time, and its showed us that we need our own space! I think women are the best VB members ever!
                      Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

(And no, not a place to pick women up)
                        Well, apparently some people thought it was a while back. (Inside joke)

Comment

I'm not going to respond to the email I got (you know who you are), but NO, we are NOT a lesbian forum!!

LOL, I can't believe someone actually thought that!

Comment

Argh, like the only way women would get together in one place must mean they are lesbians?

Good grief. There are TONS of women's issues out there...they don't have to have anything to do with sexual orientation. My website is a women's support site for surgical recovery from serious health problems.

My second site is just for fun...crafts, parenting, book reviews, gardening....women love message boards.

You are doing a great job, me2be....a great service for the women!

PS. I received email from Lifetime TV Network today...they were needing a lead on a woman to profile for an upcoming episode of "Strong Medicine". Connecting women....is a cool thing! Even networks are doing it.

Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

I'm not going to respond to the email I got (you know who you are), but NO, we are NOT a lesbian forum!!

LOL, I can't believe someone actually thought that!
                              LOL ...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X