Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legal aspects of starting a sex forum?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Legal aspects of starting a sex forum?

    What are some of the legal aspects are there for starting a sex forum? No porn of course
    Running vB since 4-14-2002

  • #2
    Originally posted by IDN
    What are some of the legal aspects are there for starting a sex forum? No porn of course
    This is definitely one that you should consult a lawyer familiar in internet law to handle and to draw up a "user agreement" for you. The standard Vbulleting registration agreement is okay, but you need one that is specific to your site.

    And depending on your site, I would make it so that anyone under 18 must have their parents send you a written permission form signed in order for children to participate. In my opinion, i would just ban anyone under 18 from joining or even being able to see the sites/forum/postings.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't see anything wrong with starting a sex forum, assuming that you're only talking about sex-education-type stuff. I don't know of anyone that would join it, but I don't see anything wrong with it.
      http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

      Comment


      • #4
        Why not?

        Someone is sponsoring me, which is good
        Running vB since 4-14-2002

        Comment


        • #5
          Probably just a short addition to your user agreement would be enough. Just say something about how if they register on your forums, they automatically agree that they are of legal age to participate in adult discussion, and that you cannot be held legally responsible for any problems relating to the content of your forum.

          Comment


          • #6
            I would also state that the forum does not take the place of a doctor..

            I'm still working on a name, everything good with the word sex in it is taken
            Running vB since 4-14-2002

            Comment


            • #7
              bodyworks? hormonecontrol? wildbodies?

              lol, just some ideas

              Comment


              • #8
                Eh
                Running vB since 4-14-2002

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BillaBongUSA
                  I don't see anything wrong with starting a sex forum, assuming that you're only talking about sex-education-type stuff. I don't know of anyone that would join it, but I don't see anything wrong with it.
                  I think if you were to target the right audience it would be quite popular, but you'd need to employ some health / advice professionals for it to work I think - if they volunteered, that would be even better.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well i have installed a test board, getting the vb software in a few days, can't think of a domain, and i got the hosting.

                    All i have to pay for is the domain (cause i want to) Everything else is sponsored
                    Running vB since 4-14-2002

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I've considered this, not to be about sex, but relationships/intamacy/etc in general.

                      if you need any help thinking of a name or any basis, I'd be glad to help.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Jakeman
                        Probably just a short addition to your user agreement would be enough. Just say something about how if they register on your forums, they automatically agree that they are of legal age to participate in adult discussion, and that you cannot be held legally responsible for any problems relating to the content of your forum.
                        And a disclaimer, to cover your own ass and to say "can't say I didn't warn you".

                        I have a sex forum on my gaming site and we have a disclaimer on the description and we remove access to anyone we see posting if they seem unable to handle the content, we also block access upon request of parents, we've yet to encounter any requests like that, yet.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Right now this is a test forum on my license, but i have an offer to buy me vbulletin which he said tomorrow, so the board is not open.

                          URL REMOVED.

                          Too many people are going and trying to register. Don't want this public yet.
                          Last edited by IDN; Fri 7 Mar '03, 3:07pm.
                          Running vB since 4-14-2002

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            You may want to loose the playboy bunny avatar. Playboy is KNOWN for suing small co's and individuals for using that image
                            Bike Forums.net

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Joe
                              You may want to loose the playboy bunny avatar. Playboy is KNOWN for suing small co's and individuals for using that image
                              Thanks for the info
                              Running vB since 4-14-2002

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X