Did you get the beta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you get the beta?

I'm intrested to see what VB3 looks like with your style, ect..

If you got it show it to me. I want to see some of the stuff you have done.
    Running vB since 4-14-2002

Firstly: To everybody that contact me to get Admin or Super or just Mod status to check out any control panel, and to those who contact me for the source code or so. NO, you will NOT get it ..

Having said that:

Last night I got it, I installed it on my test board, and then on the live-board. Upgrade took me 5 minutes and 5 minutes to rebuild my search index (but I have just a little database). And it took me 15 minutes to install a style (altered original one by just playing with it)

Things are so much advanced as in version 2 and altering source code or template code is so easy now.

Found a few bugs, they were fixed by scott and freddie very quickly. Found a few things that turned out to be my own fault (ofcourse). And didnt found like 50% yet, because the admin control panel is HUGE(ly improved).

I also set up a few boards where people could ask site questions about new features etc, and a forum where they can report issues, complaints, errors, bugs, etc. So .. if you visit my site and run into something, let me know

I upgraded from 2.2.9 to 3.0.0 beta 2 and if I didn't have a license .. I would have bought it now lol.

Oh, and rofl .. that style is just something thrown together, nothing final. Due to updates in the upcomming days/weeks, it will probably have to be re-applied 500x

In my head I decided not to disclose that I was a private beta tester, but since I have a public URL and people press buttons and some members here are also member on my board .. it will eventually leak out anyway. So, the info posted here is as much and as far as it goes.

Enjoy: http://www.creations.nl/ (though it is the same as vbulletin.com/forum haha)
    Last edited by Floris; Thu 27 Feb '03, 12:41am.

Comment

Even if you can't give us admin access, could you give us lots of admin panel screen shots?
      MTG Salvation.com | Forums

Comment

I saw that you had your board up, that's why i posted this.

So far how do you like the admin panel?

Comment

Twat...............

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Cow
            Even if you can't give us admin access, could you give us lots of admin panel screen shots?
            They would look the same as the ones Kier posted on vbulletin.com/forum/

Originally posted by IDN
            I saw that you had your board up, that's why i posted this.

So far how do you like the admin panel?
            The ACP is really sweet. A lot of new stuff and organized like hell. Great help extra's and for all the competition: START CODING TO STAY COMPETITION

Originally posted by P.Jackson

Twat...............
            *g* Well, 15.000+ licensed members, 600+ applications and only 20/30 get picked, and I got in ; a little tongue was in place. lol
            Last edited by Floris; Thu 27 Feb '03, 1:02am.

Comment

good job and good testing

Comment

Congrats floris
                Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

http://www.progresstalk.com/
                  Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

now we must wait for the final style

Comment

Got a few months ? :/

Comment

Why say that?

ALso, they won't released vb3 until the final style

Comment

Originally posted by IDN
                          Why say that?

ALso, they won't released vb3 until the final style
                          Will they release the public beta without the final style?

Comment

Originally posted by MUG
                            Will they release the public beta without the final style?
                            Probably. But i know 100% that they won't release 3.0 FINAL until they have the style done.

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
                              They would look the same as the ones Kier posted on vbulletin.com/forum/
                              But I never saw the one's Kier posted, they were deleted too quickly.

Congrats on being picked for the beta test though

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X