vBulletin 2.3.0 RC2 is Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin 2.3.0 RC2 is Out!

Well the latest version is out for people (if you haven't noticed yet) and it includes an new imaging system for registering!!! Finally!!! Go Kier!!!

Other little nifty features which I gotta install when this version becomes stable:

*Clicking on clickable smilies no longer stops animated GIF files animating
    * New version checking system in Admin CP to detect when vBulletin 3 is available

Just wondering though will this be implemented into vBulletin 3?

I also remembered reading somewhere that spambots will still penetrate the system. They just complete the registration and everything however they pull up an error code to a user when they need someone to input the image verification. User inputs, and then here comes the spam....
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Kier??
    Originally posted by ManagerJosh
    Have you tried registering on this forum lately?

Comment

looks like i need to upgrade my test board on localhost, And yes it is in vb3.

Comment

Originally posted by freddie
        Kier??Have you tried registering on this forum lately?
        I see no sense to. If I goto register.php, i get that message saying I've registered already.

And someone (either kier or you freddie) replied saying it was implemented in version 3 of vB
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

i also notice the smils stop animating when you click them

Comment

How can I tell if my host supports GD or has it switched on.

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
              Well the latest version is out for people (if you haven't noticed yet) and it includes an new imaging system for registering!!! Finally!!! Go Kier!!!

Other little nifty features which I gotta install when this version becomes stable:

*Clicking on clickable smilies no longer stops animated GIF files animating
              * New version checking system in Admin CP to detect when vBulletin 3 is available

I also remembered reading somewhere that spambots will still penetrate the system. They just complete the registration and everything however they pull up an error code to a user when they need someone to input the image verification. User inputs, and then here comes the spam....
              In case you didn't know Freddie and me are developers too...
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by poolking
                How can I tell if my host supports GD or has it switched on.
                Check your phpinfo file.
                Attached Files
                You're my Prince of Peace
                And I will live my life for You

Comment

Originally posted by nuno
                  Check your phpinfo file.
                  What is GD? I see where in the admin cp it says it must be installed.

Comment

Originally posted by VenusGirl
                    What is GD? I see where in the admin cp it says it must be installed.
                    Go here and see if GD appears in the page somewhere, it would look like nuno's attachment above:

http://www.agirlonvenus.com/admin/in...action=phpinfo

Comment

Just submitted a support ticket to my host to see if they support it and can enable it.

Comment

[QUOTE='freddie']Go here and see if GD appears in the page somewhere, it would look like nuno's attachment above:

http://www.agirlonvenus.com/admin/i...?action=phpinfo[/QUOTE]

I don't have it, it's my own personal server. I have no idea what GP is...that's all I'm trying to find out so I can get it.

Comment

Originally posted by VenusGirl
                          http://www.agirlonvenus.com/admin/i...?action=phpinfo[/QUOTE[/url]]

I don't have it, it's my own personal server. I have no idea what GP is...that's all I'm trying to find out so I can get it.
                          What about this?
                          http://www.agirlonvenus.com/phpinfo.php
                          There's no gd field there, edit your php.ini file and comment out this line
                          Code:
                          ;extension=php_gd.dll
                          Restart server.
                          You're my Prince of Peace
                          And I will live my life for You

Comment

GD is a graphics editing addition to PHP to allow you to manipulate images in real time.
                            "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                            "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                            Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

You should use php_gd2.dll if possible.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X