X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MasterMac
    replied
    Originally posted by ManagerJosh
    6MB with Yahoo and the ability to download mail for free and access via webbased for free isn't bad.
    Well for new people it's 4MB but still...I have SBC internet so I get a 25MB yahoo account plus a bunch of other goodies

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    6MB with Yahoo and the ability to download mail for free and access via webbased for free isn't bad.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Z
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    I personally use Norton Antivirus 2002. On Email it is set to silently remove infected attachments so I never see them.

Tried many other virus scanners and this is the only one that has never allowed my computer to get infected.
    Yep, same thing.

Leave a comment:

• ernestdefoe
    replied
    Well like I said I don't know how to pick apart a SQL database, and I wouldn't want to learn either. if you don't trust me that's fine. I was just trying to offer a service to people free of charge. Something just like Hotmail or Yahoo. I am the only person running this, and if I'm not going to pick apart the database then no one will. That's fine if no one is interested. Just thought I'd try and help out. So excuse me for trying to be so giving.

Leave a comment:

• vBR
    replied
    Originally posted by ernestdefoe
    Well I wouldn't know how to go through the database to even look for the password. It's not worth it to me to do something like that. I like my privacy just as much as the next person.
    The potential is there for you, or someone, to do so.
    That is why I will not be using such a service.
    No offence intended, but I just don't trust you.

Leave a comment:

• ernestdefoe
    replied
    Originally posted by CeleronXT
    Depending on how it gets stored though (ie. in a database), wouldn't you be able to read right from there?

@Wayne -- Ooh, so it is NAV.... Cool, I just figured out how to do the silent remove thing with NAV2003.
    Well I wouldn't know how to go through the database to even look for the password. It's not worth it to me to do something like that. I like my privacy just as much as the next person.

Leave a comment:

• CeleronXT
    replied
    I won't have access to it. It will just be like Hotmail or Yahoo. Passwords will be encrypted. I wouldn't be able to get into someone's e-mail even if I wanted to. Geeze I'm just trying to offer something to people.
    Depending on how it gets stored though (ie. in a database), wouldn't you be able to read right from there?

@Wayne -- Ooh, so it is NAV.... Cool, I just figured out how to do the silent remove thing with NAV2003.

Leave a comment:

• ernestdefoe
    replied
    I won't have access to it. It will just be like Hotmail or Yahoo. Passwords will be encrypted. I wouldn't be able to get into someone's e-mail even if I wanted to. Geeze I'm just trying to offer something to people.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I personally use Norton Antivirus 2002. On Email it is set to silently remove infected attachments so I never see them.

Tried many other virus scanners and this is the only one that has never allowed my computer to get infected.

Leave a comment:

• vBR
    replied
    Well like I said this will be web based e-mail with a 5MB quota. It will be hosted on an OC-48 connection. Not a bad deal for free.
    I don't want you to have access to my private e-mail.

Leave a comment:

• ernestdefoe
    replied
    Well like I said this will be web based e-mail with a 5MB quota. It will be hosted on an OC-48 connection. Not a bad deal for free.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Thing is I used Yahoo soooo long and was able to download my mail from time to time I didn't care really what I used. As long as no virus infested emails touched my PC I was happy.

Leave a comment:

• ernestdefoe
    replied
    Well I will be starting a free web based e-mail service soon. So if you need it let me know, and I will help you out once this is running.

Leave a comment:

• CeleronXT
    replied
    I have a virus scanner and whatnot, but I still have to remove them after I get them.

What virus scanner might this be?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by CeleronXT
    Who doesn't?
    I don't. I run a capable virus protector and firewall on my computer so they are removed completely before I even see them.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X