No announcement yet.

Yahoo deactivated My EMail Account!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a virus scanner and whatnot, but I still have to remove them after I get them.

What virus scanner might this be?
    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Well I will be starting a free web based e-mail service soon. So if you need it let me know, and I will help you out once this is running.

Comment

Thing is I used Yahoo soooo long and was able to download my mail from time to time I didn't care really what I used. As long as no virus infested emails touched my PC I was happy.
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Well like I said this will be web based e-mail with a 5MB quota. It will be hosted on an OC-48 connection. Not a bad deal for free.

Comment

Originally posted by ernestdefoe
            Well like I said this will be web based e-mail with a 5MB quota. It will be hosted on an OC-48 connection. Not a bad deal for free.
            I don't want you to have access to my private e-mail.

Comment

I personally use Norton Antivirus 2002. On Email it is set to silently remove infected attachments so I never see them.

Tried many other virus scanners and this is the only one that has never allowed my computer to get infected.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I won't have access to it. It will just be like Hotmail or Yahoo. Passwords will be encrypted. I wouldn't be able to get into someone's e-mail even if I wanted to. Geeze I'm just trying to offer something to people.

Comment

I won't have access to it. It will just be like Hotmail or Yahoo. Passwords will be encrypted. I wouldn't be able to get into someone's e-mail even if I wanted to. Geeze I'm just trying to offer something to people.
                  Depending on how it gets stored though (ie. in a database), wouldn't you be able to read right from there?

@Wayne -- Ooh, so it is NAV.... Cool, I just figured out how to do the silent remove thing with NAV2003.
                  "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                  "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                  Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
                    Depending on how it gets stored though (ie. in a database), wouldn't you be able to read right from there?

@Wayne -- Ooh, so it is NAV.... Cool, I just figured out how to do the silent remove thing with NAV2003.
                    Well I wouldn't know how to go through the database to even look for the password. It's not worth it to me to do something like that. I like my privacy just as much as the next person.

Comment

Well I wouldn't know how to go through the database to even look for the password. It's not worth it to me to do something like that. I like my privacy just as much as the next person.
                      The potential is there for you, or someone, to do so.
                      That is why I will not be using such a service.
                      No offence intended, but I just don't trust you.

Comment

Well like I said I don't know how to pick apart a SQL database, and I wouldn't want to learn either. if you don't trust me that's fine. I was just trying to offer a service to people free of charge. Something just like Hotmail or Yahoo. I am the only person running this, and if I'm not going to pick apart the database then no one will. That's fine if no one is interested. Just thought I'd try and help out. So excuse me for trying to be so giving.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                          I personally use Norton Antivirus 2002. On Email it is set to silently remove infected attachments so I never see them.

Tried many other virus scanners and this is the only one that has never allowed my computer to get infected.
                          Yep, same thing.
                          - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

6MB with Yahoo and the ability to download mail for free and access via webbased for free isn't bad.
                            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                              6MB with Yahoo and the ability to download mail for free and access via webbased for free isn't bad.
                              Well for new people it's 4MB but still...I have SBC internet so I get a 25MB yahoo account plus a bunch of other goodies

Comment

Originally posted by MasterMac
                                Well for new people it's 4MB but still...I have SBC internet so I get a 25MB yahoo account plus a bunch of other goodies
                                o goody...perhaps I should go subscribe to SBC and see them cancel my accounts once more

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X