Fury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fury

You and that damn headbangin smile http://www.otcentral.com/forum/ very nice and artistic did you make it?
    Last edited by P.Jackson; Wed 12 Feb '03, 12:17pm.

Hey, thats a nice logo

Comment

What is wrong with a PM to ask him?

Comment

whats wrong with posting in the chit chat forum to ask him? isnt that why its called chit chat?

Comment

Guess so.

Comment

lol.
            Why Cant we all just get along??

Comment

My name's fury, thank you very much

No, I didn't make the original headbanger smilie, but I did make a few of the ones based off of it (see avatar)

The main logo of OTC was created by a guy called decipher who entered it as a part of our logo contest that lasted from the middle of December through the middle of January. And yes, it does look very nice Although he seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth. *sigh* Such is the nature of contests.

Comment

Originally posted by fury
                My name's fury, thank you very much

No, I didn't make the original headbanger smilie, but I did make a few of the ones based off of it (see avatar)

The main logo of OTC was created by a guy called decipher who entered it as a part of our logo contest that lasted from the middle of December through the middle of January. And yes, it does look very nice Although he seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth. *sigh* Such is the nature of contests.
                http://www.otcentral.com/forum/showt...&threadid=6599
                You're my Prince of Peace
                And I will live my life for You

Comment

Facts don't lie... on the same pages of the same threads between the two board systems, vBulletin takes between 0.8 and 1.5 seconds to do its magic, IPB takes 0.06-0.27. On the same pages of the same forums, vBulletin takes 0.3 or more, IPB takes about 0.1

Comment

Facts don't lie... on the same pages of the same threads between the two board systems, vBulletin takes between 0.8 and 1.5 seconds to do its magic, IPB takes 0.06-0.27. On the same pages of the same forums, vBulletin takes 0.3 or more, IPB takes about 0.1
                    The facts are:

vBulletin 3
                    index.php - 7 queries
                    forumdisplay.php - 13 queries
                    showthread.php - 11 queries

InvisionBoard
                    index.php - 10 queries
                    forum page - 11 queries
                    thread page - 11 queries

And vBulletin 3 is way faster and much less server intensive compared to IPB.

Comment

Is vBulletin 3 beta out? No

Invision 1.1 is out and already final.

BTW, you can reduce queries on index, forum, and thread pages fairly easily. That's just one part of the admin cp which rivals vBulletin's own, while being free.

Comment

Is vBulletin 3 beta out? No

Invision 1.1 is out and already final.

BTW, you can reduce queries on index, forum, and thread pages fairly easily. That's just one part of the admin cp which rivals vBulletin's own, while being free.
                        I will not argue this, go with InvisionBoard if you like.
                        I wish you good luck fury.

Comment

Your vB must have many hacks because mine only does 18 queries on index.php. Also, for those statistics cited, you are comparing different system architectures with different loads placed on them. I know that Invision is a tad faster than vB2, but (hopefully) that will change in vB3. I don't use it because I simply hate the layout and design of Invision's Admin CP.

Comment

It might not happen. vBulletin3 might come out and not be bloated and the vBulletin team might actually start to accept criticism better and I might instead upgrade to that. It's all up in the air right now though.

MUG: It's not only a tad faster than vB2, it's a whole heck of a lot faster. Usually 1/10 of the page generation times in big threads... Yeah, I've got a lot of hacks on a couple of the pages in vB, but most of the hacks I've made to the showthread page didn't add any queries and were made to attempt to reduce page generation times, which hasn't been successful.

Comment

vBulletin3 might come out and not be bloated and the vBulletin team might actually start to accept criticism better and I might instead upgrade to that.
                              Some people take criticism better than others. It's just human nature to get defensive I'm afriad.

It would be an interesting experiment to see someone post the same type and number of negative comments against other BB systems in their own respective forums. My experience tells me that other systems are far less tolerant of these comments that we are.

Nonetheless we do strive to take constructive criticism seriously.
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X