How Can You Tell ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Can You Tell ?

if a board is unlicensed etc...n dont say ooo because they dont have the powered by vbulletin at the bottom as they do...theres loads that arent listed on the links page of this site...how do you know...what makes you suspect ?

x

Url vb is going to be used at is entered when purchased..
    plus other personal info
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

yes but people change domains all the time...like my b/f has a new url n i have 3...

x

Comment

Your boyfriend is suppose to update the URL of his board everytime he changes the URL through the Member's Area.

Comment

Originally posted by DR€@M W€@V€R
          yes but people change domains all the time...like my b/f has a new url n i have 3...

x
          then you should probably update that new info in the members area

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/
          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

x
            You have 3 URLs?
            Is that one installation on one domain with two redirects?
            That would be the only legal way with one licence.

Comment

Originally posted by Cary
              Your boyfriend is suppose to update the URL of his board everytime he changes the URL through the Member's Area.
              he doesnt visit this site much n he knows n dint you read my earlier thread...he will when his host stops screwing about...

ya the other urls are redirects but when this host runs out one of them will be the main url...

x

Comment

if a board is unlicensed etc...n dont say ooo because they dont have the powered by vbulletin at the bottom as they do...theres loads that arent listed on the links page of this site...how do you know...what makes you suspect ?

x
                I know vB has a call-home function when you access the ACP, checking the URL and version with Jelsoft, but does it do it every now-and-then on it's own?

Comment

Originally posted by vBR
                  I know vB has a call-home function when you access the ACP, checking the URL and version with Jelsoft, but does it do it every now-and-then on it's own?
                  no...it tells them...

dreamys just logged in again...she spends more time here than on her own site...

x

Comment

no...it tells them...

dreamys just logged in again...she spends more time here than on her own site...

x
                    Do you ever sleep?

Comment

Pirated versions don't show the latest version of vB in the admin CP. There's no way to tell as a regular user (I diff'ed the files to see what they do and it's all admin-side).
                      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by vBR
                        Do you ever sleep?
                        yes...sporadically...

x

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
                          Pirated versions don't show the latest version of vB in the admin CP. There's no way to tell as a regular user (I diff'ed the files to see what they do and it's all admin-side).
                          What diff app do you use?
                          I used Delta
                          It's some old DOS doodad that crashes when comparing /admin/forumpermission.php for some reason.
                          Every time
                          It only turned up the obvious license# diffs in /admin/index.php
                          What diffs did you find?

PM me if you don't think you should post them here.

Comment

I used Araxis Merge. Without going into any more detail two files in the admin directory are edited to basically remove the callhome functionality (which tends to not work in my legit vB half the time ).
                            --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                            Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                            vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

My call-home works perfectly -- the auto-installation of hacks feature it has works fine as well.

Too bad pirates are missing out on that feature by removing it...oh well, more for me.
                              :)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X