Jelsoft in a box!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jelsoft in a box!

Has Jelsoft ever considered selling vBulletin in stores, eg: staples, futureshop bla bla bla..
    You could put the lastest ver in the box and have there customer license in it and be instructed to either install the boxed software and upgrade to newest, if wanting to do so or download the newest software from vbulletin.com/members/ and start from there.

I really think it would be a good idea, as alot of businesses use this software and alot of the decisions of what the companies use is made up during meetings where alot of the execs in the meetings don't spend alot of time on the net in there free time and would'nt have alot of exposure to bb software.

Alot of my company client have no clue what vB or bb software is.

Maybe it would be to much $$$ to get into and be risky, but sometimes it's the risks you take that lead to multi-million dollar success.

just my thought

*disclaimer - if this idea is used , i would like to propose that i get 5% of any sales on vBulletin software sold in stores* j/k
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=64395

Comment

Your little disclaimer, you didn't come up with this idea. It has been said before
      Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

More importantly it's been shot down for two main reasons: it would make vB more expensive (overhead from getting into retail stores) and people who buy boxed software usually use it for antivirus, DP, graphics, etc. and only need Windows, not Apache/PHP/MySQL.
        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
          More importantly it's been shot down for two main reasons: it would make vB more expensive (overhead from getting into retail stores) and people who buy boxed software usually use it for antivirus, DP, graphics, etc. and only need Windows, not Apache/PHP/MySQL.
          exactly!
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by IDN
            Your little disclaimer, you didn't come up with this idea. It has been said before
            my little disclaimer had a j/k after it
            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
            Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
              only need Windows, not Apache/PHP/MySQL.
              but these are all free .

alot of companies run webservers from there business location, not all use windows.
              Even microsoft uses linux/unix.
              MCSE, MVP, CCIE
              Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Asendin
                I seriously doubt it... is this true or are you just saying?
                Chen Avinadav
                Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Originally posted by Asendin
                  but these are all free .

alot of companies run webservers from there business location, not all use windows.
                  So what if a boxed vB was bundled with the latest stable RedHat, Apache, PHP & MySQL?

Comment

You expect a person who buys this in a store to install Redhat, then Apache, then MySQL, then PHP and finally vBulletin?
                    Chen Avinadav
                    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Chen
                      You expect a person who buys this in a store to install Redhat, then Apache, then MySQL, then PHP and finally vBulletin?
                      Sure, how hard can it be?

Comment

Maybe for you it's easy but for a person who buys a simple program in a store and doesn't think he'll have to install an operating system, web server and database server?
                        Chen Avinadav

Comment

they do, i upload my beta reports to there linux servers, but they do mostly use there own server products (OS's)
                          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Maybe for you it's easy but for a person who buys a simple program in a store and doesn't think he'll have to install an operating system, web server and database server?
                            Don't forget PHP
                            and I did say ''

Comment

It's true. They only use it to see what it has to offer. As far as i am told. Hey, i go over to my neighbors house who works at MS and he has linux books.
                              Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X