Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much would you pay for an I.E. Toolbar

How much would you pay for an I.E. Toolbar

What would you pay for an internet toolbar like the one distributed by Google and Yahoo.

Please let me know,

Regards

Stoosh

Nothing unless it was incredibly amazing, then only $5 via PayPal.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Why should I pay for a toolbar like this?
      Ueli

Comment

What would it actually do? If just search Google, then I think I would stick with the Google Toolbar....for free.
        Raz - KMC Forums

Comment

It would have to be so mind-blowingly amazing that I couldn't do without it, and even then I'd be hard pressed to cough up the dough for it considering Microsoft would probably just copy it

Comment

I won't pay a thing. I hate overkill in buttons etc.

A browser should be a window with 3 rows, one with some buttons for easy navigation and loading of secundairy windows (search/bookmarks/etc) and one with a place for the address (pref. on the same row as those buttons) and three, the status row. Everything else will be removed

Comment

I will require a payment, to even start using I.E.
              vB Drupal Community Plumbing | vB Survey | vBusy | vB Spell | vBouncer

Comment

Originally posted by tamarian
                I will require a payment, to even start using I.E.
                rofl .. right on the spot!

Comment

$0.00

If it's really good, however, I might "pay" a visit to KaZaA.
                  "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                  "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                  Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

O.K. Let me let a small cat out of the bag.

I am currently working on a project that will allow you to create your own customized I.E toolbar easily. I can't give too much away but some of the features that I am looking at incorporating are;

Controls: text boxes, combo boxes, buttons, and button
                    menus, radio-buttons and check-boxes.
                    - Branded toolbar with own logo
                    - Unlimited buttons and menus
                    - Search engine and links integration
                    - Link buttons
                    - News ticker
                    - Active Icon
                    - Menu Icon
                    - Auto-update system
                    - Installation and uninstallation system

I have left several of the most unique feature out.

So what? I here you say.

Remember, you would be creating toolbars that are dedicated to your site e.g. You could create button menus that would allow users to search the various areas of your site/forums. Have links to various areas of your site i.e. your order or features page. In fact how it looks (your logo can be included) and functions would be entirely up to you.

The project would allow you to create a toolbar that accesses Google or Yahoo if you want, but the aim is to provide a configurable marketing tool for websites. After all Google do it, Yahoo do it and Alexa do it. So as a marketing tool it must be working.

I'm not trying to re-invent the wheel, just trying to provide websites with an easy way to do what the big guys do successfully, market themselves. When you see the final project you will see what I mean.

What I am doing is UNIQUE and you will wonder why no else thought of it.

What I do know is that there are millions of websites an even more internet users. What my project will do is allow those websites wanting to market themselves to create their own completely customizable toolbar so that their website can be accessed by any internet user anytime. There is a saying "Out of site, out of mind", I'm sure no website owner whats that.

Regards

Stoosh

Comment

I might be able to use something like that.... I'm not sure. Once it's done, depending on the price, I might buy the installation for that, make a toolbar, and post it on my site (assuming that that's how it works, and not that you have to configure the bar online, then buy it for each computer. :-/)
                      "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                      "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                      Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Originally posted by xCRYINGoutLOUDx
                        Considering I can't stand the other toolbars (Yahoo, Google, whatnot)... probably not.
                        Agreed, I find them quite annoying.
                        Webmaster / Administrator
                        www.MegaGames.com
                        www.MGForums.com

Comment

They are extremly sticky, and great marketing tools. I would pay ~$250 tops for a custom solution, and even then, i would expect something like the google toolbar with end user customization.

You can already find sits that offer the basics in toolbar technology for under $30, for example, http://www.iebar.com/
                          Bike Forums.net

Comment

Or you can build your own using something as simple as Visual Basic, which has all the features you need.

Heck, with Visual Basic, you can just write a wrapper that's basically a toolbar that loads up a web page -- then you can customize it however using nothing but HTML.

Personally, I don't think it's too great an idea unless you've got tons of hardcore members. Even then, paying anything over $30 is too much, IMO.
                            :)

Comment

Allow me to finish the project and you will see what I mean. I'm sure you will be impressed.

Regards

Stoosh

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X