Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10.20GHz Intel Nehalem slated for 2005

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=7481
    The contents of the note appear to reveal future plans for future Intel desktop processors right up until 2005.

By then, according to the note, Intel will be able to deliver 10.20GHz desktop CPUs codenamed "Nehalem" and produced using 65 nanometer technology.

If Intel manages to migrate away from the 90 nanometer technology it will introduce towards the end of this year, by then the "Prescott" core will deliver at least 5.20GHz using the 800MHz system bus.

The immediate successor to Prescott after it tops out at 5.20GHz will be the "Tejas" core, also produced on a 90 nanometer process and delivering 5.60GHz using a 1066MHz system bus. That's slated to start appearing towards the end of 2004.

Tejas will increase in steady increments which appear to be 6GHz, 6.40GHz, 6.80GHz, 7.20GHz, 7.60GHz, 7GHz, 8.40GHz, 8.80GHz and topping out at 9.20GHz.

The first Nehalem is supposed to appear at 9.60GHz before Intel succeeds in its goal to produce a 10GHz+ chip, the Nehalem, and using a 1200MHz front side bus. ยต
    I'll order two.
    You're my Prince of Peace
    And I will live my life for You

Comment

Lol.... From The Inquirer. Therefore - complete and total BS. :P

Why the hell would Intel send notes by parakeet. :0
      "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
      "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
      Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Interesting thing about faster and bigger is that other than bragging rights and "mine is bigger than yours" syndrone the extra horsepower does little for the average pc user. Anything over 1Ghz on a desktop pc is overkill.
        Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
          Lol.... From The Inquirer. Therefore - complete and total BS. :P

Why the hell would Intel send notes by parakeet. :0
          BS?
          You gotta be joking right?

Originally posted by AWS
          Anything over 1Ghz on a desktop pc is overkill.
          That remind me of what Bill Gates once said:
          640K ought to be enough memory for anyone.

Comment

Bill will always produce enough code to fill what ever cpu's are there, and it dosn't have to be desktops, intel build for other machines as well ...
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

They will obviously get that high in speed eventually, but that entire story is BS. You can tell from the very beginning where one of Intel's message parakeets (laughable already) just happened to drop a note into the garden of the Inquirer.

Or were they just dumb enough to name themselves after one of the most notoriously false magazines in the USA?
              "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
              "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
              Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Originally posted by AWS
                Interesting thing about faster and bigger is that other than bragging rights and "mine is bigger than yours" syndrone the extra horsepower does little for the average pc user. Anything over 1Ghz on a desktop pc is overkill.
                Sure until you want to do actual voice recognition.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by AWS
                  Anything over 1Ghz on a desktop pc is overkill.
                  you can't know what people need

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
                    Bill will always produce enough code to fill what ever cpu's are there, and it dosn't have to be desktops, intel build for other machines as well ...
                    First time I've seen you post in a while -- welcome!

(You sound kinda like my bot.)

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                    Or run an artificial intelligence engine.
                    :)

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                      True. Developers need more horsepower. The speech to text engine I am working on eats cpu cycles, but, once it is complete and the code is fully optimized it will run on any cpu with ease.

The normal pc user however does nothing more than surf the web, read email or occassionally play a game. To do that 1Ghz is more than enough.

Jakeman, I don't know what people need, but, why would someone that surfs the web and read email need a high powered box?
                      Only one reason I can think of. So they can brag about it.
                      Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

Many games these days eat resources like the planet's going to blow up.

A few years ago, you could fit your games on a couple of floppies. Now, games are coming on CD's, and there's quite a few games that span multiple CD"s. As a PC's power gets higher, designers will start designing more realistic games, and in turn, gamers will demand better and more imersing games. It's a cycle of development, in a sense, that the power of a computer will continue to grow as long as there's even a remote demand for it.
                        :)

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
                          They will obviously get that high in speed eventually, but that entire story is BS. You can tell from the very beginning where one of Intel's message parakeets (laughable already) just happened to drop a note into the garden of the Inquirer.

Or were they just dumb enough to name themselves after one of the most notoriously false magazines in the USA?
                          Is zdnet also BS?
                          http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1103-961210.html
                          And PC WATCH Magazine also BS?
                          Click thumbnails to enlarge pics
                          http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2...0/kaigai01.htm
                          http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2...2/kaigai01.htm

Comment

Originally posted by nuno
                            Is zdnet also BS?
                            http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1103-961210.html
                            And PC WATCH Magazine also BS?
                            Click thumbnails to enlarge pics
                            http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2...0/kaigai01.htm
                            http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2...2/kaigai01.htm
                            They aren't mentioning speed... especially not 10.2GHz...

Comment

When are CPU's getting cooled by some liquid metal that does exist of two metal components so the first can cool and the second can move the heat to the top. From the top, just h2o it and enjoy the cpu that performs unclocked, and therefor can have as much as required

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X