No announcement yet.

Good Template/Site Management Systems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Template/Site Management Systems?

Anyone know of any good scripts that allow you to easily template your site, similar to how vBulletin handles templates?

I'm looking to get a site powered entirely by templates and some PHP coding.
    :)

...you could always integrate your site with vBulletin's template system

Comment

I could, but I don't really want to tie my site into my forums, which are seperate.

Comment

yaa get corey to design a site for you , he uses templates
        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

No thanks.

Comment

your site can still be "separate" while using vB's template system.

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel
              Anyone know of any good scripts that allow you to easily template your site, similar to how vBulletin handles templates?

I'm looking to get a site powered entirely by templates and some PHP coding.
              There are a few ways you can do this. The best, but most expensive, would probably be to have a dynamic site that publishes HTML pages, because this would cause the least strain on your server but would remain dynamic (the pages would be regenerated at certain times).

However, assuming you don't have too much traffic, the approach below would likely work best. This method allows you to include various pages, basically, through PHP includes. The drawback is that every page is calling the same page in the database, but, for most sites, this isn't a problem. The code looks something like this.

PHP Code:
              <? include('header.php'); ?>
              This is where you insert the page content (you can have a menu generated like the header and footer, if you'd like, in here).
              <? include('footer.php'); ?>
              Then, you can make the files header.php and footer.php, and they'll be automatically inserted where you see them in the above code.

I'm not sure whether that's what you had in mind, but it should work. There are other options as well, but this should suffice.

Hope that helps!

Comment

But the forum is on its own subdomian. Wouldn't that violate the license agreement?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X