Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone ordered anything from here by credit card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone ordered anything from here by credit card?

http://www.nflshop.com

if yes , can you please tell me if it shows up on the cards statement as

NFL SHOP with a 1-800 number .

The reason i ask is because my mastercard number was compromised and someone racked up alot of purchases and this was one of them.
    (MC # is now changed)

The brantford police fraud team are working on it, i just wondered if maybe someone here can help as i believe it was ordered online and someone here may be able to help more.

Thanks

Joe
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Your credit card company can track each and every merchant by their merchant ID number so you shouldn't have to track them down for them.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Your credit card company can track each and every merchant by their merchant ID number so you shouldn't have to track them down for them.
      you would think so (i sure did) , they would'nt tell me or the police

i think i should switch to visa
      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Why not just email them and ask?

Comment

Dont call who provided you with the card, contact Master Card directly: http://www.mastercard.com/cgi-bin/co...ContactUs#faq2.

Good luck! CC fraud sucks!
          Bike Forums.net

Comment

hmm, at there website: http://www.nflshop.com/Content/conta...229200159411-0 }{ 1-877-NFLSHOP.
            Bike Forums.net

Comment

Originally posted by Joe
              hmm, at there website: http://www.nflshop.com/Content/conta...229200159411-0 }{ 1-877-NFLSHOP.
              i might just do that. thanks

as for calling mastercard directly, that got me no-where and i called 6 times, im gonna let the police handle that.
              MCSE, MVP, CCIE
              Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Ah, this person's a football fan, well that sure narrows down the possibilities!
                "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Actually your credit card company should have a dispute policy in place to dispute unauthorized transaction on your account. Just about every credit card company I know has a 0% liability on the customer. If a customer disputes a transaction they just charge it back to the merchant. If the merchant gets too high a chargeback ratio, then they revoke their right to use that company to process credit cards

Comment

Originally posted by dynamite
                    Actually your credit card company should have a dispute policy in place to dispute unauthorized transaction on your account. Just about every credit card company I know has a 0% liability on the customer. If a customer disputes a transaction they just charge it back to the merchant. If the merchant gets too high a chargeback ratio, then they revoke their right to use that company to process credit cards
                    Hi:
                    yes i'm in the process of doing the dispute transaction, haven't received the papers yet .
                    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Actually the liability is up to $50.00 for owners. Hence the beauty of credit cards...protection from unauthorized purchases over $50.00
                      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Asendin
                        you would think so (i sure did) , they would'nt tell me or the police

i think i should switch to visa
                        Since you have liability protection, you were not the victim of the crime here and they don't have to disclose this information to you. That your local police are even taking a report is astonishing.

Because of Liability protection, the actual victim in this crime is the merchant. They will have to refund the money to the card issuer which will refund it to you and they are still out the merchandise. If they have credit liability insurance they can get reimbursed however if they don't they will pass the cost on to their customers.

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

A lot of card issuers are going to a $0 liability. I have that on all my cards (even my debit card) and wouldn't consider a card with a higher liability.

It doesn't cost the card issuer or the card company anything to do this since they just pull the money from the merchant's account.

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                            Actually the liability is up to $50.00 for owners. Hence the beauty of credit cards...protection from unauthorized purchases over $50.00
                            The statutory maximum is $50...however as Wayne said most companies are going to $0.

Comment

The credit card companies are robbing merchants blind with their $0 liability gimmick. From all the people I've asked, they all seem to think it's the credit card companies that are being so generous, when in actuality it's the merchants that have to bear the losses. The credit card companies lose absolutely nothing. In fact they still make their % and add on a chargeback fee, to the merchant.

That's the beauty of the free market. You'd think there were choices and that competition would drive up quality and lower prices. But when it comes to the banks, their virtual monopolies basically guarantees them the license to rape and pillage.
                              Well, there it is.
                              - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X