Affiliate Program Sale: 30$???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affiliate Program Sale: 30$???

I just did a report from yesterday and today, I got 2 sales, one for 160$ and one for 30$??
    What does vBulletin sales for 30$, anyone knows? Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Floren Munteanu
    Axivo Inc.
    Axivo Searchlight - Turbocharge your web site

Another years access to the members area?
    Bike Forums.net

Comment

yes, i donate my affiliate money to canadian heart and stroke
      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Do you get $32 commission on every $160 sale? Or do you start getting more the more you sell?

Comment

Originally posted by TECK
          I just did a report from yesterday and today, I got 2 sales, one for 160$ and one for 30$??
          What does vBulletin sales for 30$, anyone knows? Thanks.
          The only thing that costs $30.00 is renewal to the members area.

That's all I know.
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
            The only thing that costs $30.00 is renewal to the members area.

That's all I know.
            But you have to do that via the members area, not just the normal registration form... don't you?

Comment

I have once issued a support ticket with this question, but I got in return 'No, we don't give commission on renewals'.

Several sales were owned licensed, but about 50% of them are leased licenses.

What happens next year? When their license expires, and they renew it, will I again automaticly earn the 20% commission, or do they have to go through some special link?

In some way it sounds a bit logical .. but I wish I was sure.

I do hope you can provide an awnser to my question.
              awnser:
              Floris,

Thank you for the note.

At the moment, we only offer commissions for new licenses sold as a direct result of a customer clicking through from your site. Currently, we do not offer commission for license renewals or upgrades, or the installation service.

I hope this helps

Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

All the best,
              James Limm
              Sales Team, vBulletin
              Last edited by Floris; Thu 16 Jan '03, 4:05pm.

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
                I have once issued a support ticket with this question, but I got in return 'No, we don't give commission on renewals'.

awnser:
                So...what is the 30$?

Comment

Do you get commission on all subsequent purchases made by a member who first purchased by following your link?

Comment

Originally posted by N9ne
                    Do you get $32 commission on every $160 sale? Or do you start getting more the more you sell?
                    You earn the commision related to each sale, so far that's how it goes for me.
                    There is no referral system implemented with vBulletin Affiliate program, from what I know...
                    But I'm curious what is the 30$ sale... I have no idea, maybe one of the Team members could answer?
                    Thanks guys.
                    Floren Munteanu
                    Axivo Inc.

Comment

There is no referral system implemented with vBulletin Affiliate program, from what I know...
                      But I'm curious what is the 30$ sale... I have no idea, maybe one of the Team members could answer?
                      Thanks guys.
                      If it works, I have recently renewed my own license, and just to be sure - I first clicked my own affiliate link . But I never got a sale for that. If teck gets 6$ commission for 30$ renewal of license after following affiliate link, I wannaah haaave it tooo. (if it was renewal)

Comment

Thanks guys.
                        You have been answered several times already. It is someone renewing their Member's Area access for a Perpetual License.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                          You have been answered several times already. It is someone renewing their Member's Area access for a Perpetual License.
                          Sorry, I was reading Floris' customer ticket and I presumed is not the case you mentioned above:
                          Floris,

Thank you for the note.

At the moment, we only offer commissions for new licenses sold as a direct result of a customer clicking through from your site. Currently, we do not offer commission for license renewals or upgrades, or the installation service.

Originally posted by xiphoid
                          If it works, I have recently renewed my own license, and just to be sure - I first clicked my own affiliate link . But I never got a sale for that. If teck gets 6$ commission for 30$ renewal of license after following affiliate link, I wannaah haaave it tooo. (if it was renewal)
                          Floris, thanks for the information posted, btw.
                          I think you get commision only if the referrer purchased initially through your link, the vBulletin software.
                          Last edited by TECK; Fri 17 Jan '03, 9:28am.
                          Floren Munteanu
                          Axivo Inc.

Comment

Assuming Jelsoft uses the same system to renew as when you purchase vbulletin, there may have been an active cookie on that person's computer and it triggered the referral to you Teck.
                            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                              Assuming Jelsoft uses the same system to renew as when you purchase vbulletin, there may have been an active cookie on that person's computer and it triggered the referral to you Teck.
                              That's my guess. It was not intended that renewals would be included in the affiliate program but it appears this is what happened in this case.
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X