This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best image gallery script for a site?

PHP would be preferrable too. It should be free (don't have much money left at all ) and it should be good!

I'm sure there's loads of image gallery scripts out there, that are free. I just need one for several websites i'm going to make, something where you can create accounts for users, who can then submit an image to the gallery, and voila, it's up there...

If I had to get one that also integrates with vBulletin, I would get PhotoPost Pro (PHP) but it requires that safe_mode is off, so it is of not use to me now (boohoo)

Comment

I use a script I found at freshmeat.net called The Gallery - it is highly rated over there. Chekc it out here, http://gallery.sourceforge.net/

It's free btw, and integration with vB would be very easy I think, if someone had the time to do it.
      HP DL-380 G6, 2x E5520, 28GB RAM, 4x300GB SAS, VMWare ESXi
      -
      Unreal Tournament : Assault forums - irc://irc.utassault.net:6667 -

Comment

Originally posted by Martz
        I use a script I found at freshmeat.net called The Gallery - it is highly rated over there. Chekc it out here, http://gallery.sourceforge.net/

It's free btw, and integration with vB would be very easy I think, if someone had the time to do it.
        try

http://www.4homepages.de/4images/download.php
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I use Gallery, as Martz suggested above. You can see it in action on my website at http://www.gtplanet.net/gallery. I especially like Gallery's support for video file formats and different users and permissions, although integration with vB's member database would be a dream come true.

I've got a test copy of that running on my server. It's a great little script, and the developer even released a modification to integrate it with vB's database, but customizing the look of the software itself is a real pain.

Comment

It doesn't need to be integrated to vB...

I have a question:
            For "The Gallery" would I be able to create accounts for people so they can add images to the gallery...so:

a. I dont have to add them all the time
            b. Everyone can't add them?

Comment

Originally posted by N9ne
              It doesn't need to be integrated to vB...

I have a question:
              For "The Gallery" would I be able to create accounts for people so they can add images to the gallery...so:

a. I dont have to add them all the time
              b. Everyone can't add them?
              You sure can, that's one of my favorite features about Gallery. When logged in as the administrator, you can add, edit, and manage user accounts, and for each album in your gallery, you will have a page where you can control what each user can do. Here's a screenshot of one of my albums, to give you an idea of what it looks like...
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LanciaStratos
                You sure can, that's one of my favorite features about Gallery. When logged in as the administrator, you can add, edit, and manage user accounts, and for each album in your gallery, you will have a page where you can control what each user can do. Here's a screenshot of one of my albums, to give you an idea of what it looks like...
                ohhhhhhhh that is so cool! lol that's just what I needed so I came to my trusty buddies at vB.com who know it all

Off Topic: Where did that huge thread on your forum go? Deleted? I have over 15500 replies on my biggest thread now

Comment

Say what's this gallery like on server loads?

Comment

Glad I could be of some help!

Off Topic: Where did that huge thread on your forum go? Deleted? I have over 15500 replies on my biggest thread now
                    Oh, no, it's not deleted. I closed it with this post at 110,527 replies. It was fun while it lasted, and I honestly believe it helped my community when there were fewer poeple, but it really just became a spam-fest and degraded the mindset and maturity of the members. I want my community to be of higher quality and well-respected among other forums with the same topic, and looking back on it, closing that thread was one of the best moves I've made. And, when I removed post counts when I launched a new look for GTPlanet, I removed post counts from the postbit which has had a much bigger and better effect than I thought it would.

Comment

Say what's this gallery like on server loads?
                      There will be a slight load as it processes the thumbnails, but it only does that once (immediately after you upload the files). But, the rest of the time it doesn't seem to affect my server at all.

Comment

Originally posted by LanciaStratos
                        Glad I could be of some help!

Oh, no, it's not deleted. I closed it with this post at 110,527 replies. It was fun while it lasted, and I honestly believe it helped my community when there were fewer poeple, but it really just became a spam-fest and degraded the mindset and maturity of the members. I want my community to be of higher quality and well-respected among other forums with the same topic, and looking back on it, closing that thread was one of the best moves I've made. And, when I removed post counts when I launched a new look for GTPlanet, I removed post counts from the postbit which has had a much bigger and better effect than I thought it would.
                        Well with my thread i'm making sure there's no spam, it's more of a chat to each other thread .

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                          Tried it, not impressed. It doesn't handle 100,000+ images/videos too well. Still praying for VB to release one exclusive to it's software and database.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X