Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USB Drives

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • USB Drives

    Anyone got one?

    I'm thinking of getting on for myself - probably a 128MB one, but I guess it will depend on how much it costs.

    I'm thinking AUD$120-$180 or so, but yeah, i guess it depends on what I get for my money.

    Anyone care to recommend one?

    I've been looking at the Sony ones, they look cool: http://www.sony.com.au/products.asp...5&CCod_L2=19531

    So, ummm... yeah...

  • #2
    Originally posted by DWZ
    Anyone got one?

    I'm thinking of getting on for myself - probably a 128MB one, but I guess it will depend on how much it costs.

    I'm thinking AUD$120-$180 or so, but yeah, i guess it depends on what I get for my money.

    Anyone care to recommend one?

    I've been looking at the Sony ones, they look cool: http://www.sony.com.au/products.asp...5&CCod_L2=19531

    So, ummm... yeah...
    I know somebody at work who has one, he likes it.

    How much is that in USD?
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by filburt1
      I know somebody at work who has one, he likes it.

      How much is that in USD?
      120AUD is about $69.85USD.

      http://www.xe.com/ucc

      Comment


      • #4
        By the way, what exactly does this thing do?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Radon3k
          By the way, what exactly does this thing do?
          It allows you to transfer files between computers very easily. Think ZIP drive without the high cost of disks or a bulky piece of hardware.

          Basically, it is a quick and easy way to bring compact flash to the desktop.
          Translations provided by Google.

          Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

          Comment


          • #6
            I just bought one for school.

            Universal Smart Drive

            There great I got the 64 meg for 79 dollars Canadian plus tax

            I need it for all the cad files I do, comes in real handy.

            64 megs is plenty if I need more room I'll just zip the file.

            http://www.universalsmartdrive.net/

            PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              It allows you to transfer files between computers very easily. Think ZIP drive without the high cost of disks or a bulky piece of hardware.

              Basically, it is a quick and easy way to bring compact flash to the desktop.
              Also they usually don't require any drivers in Windows and Mac OS
              --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
              Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
              vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

              Comment


              • #8
                Do you just store it on the device then plug it into another computer?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Mine comes with a USB extension so I just plug it in the back USB port and let the extension hang down the front of my computer.

                  So I just plug it in and copy the files over to whatever folder I want on my hard drive,

                  When the light is red it transferring files when its green it finished.

                  Just unplug it, put the cap back on and hang it around your neck till you need it again
                  PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks everyone for your advice

                    I got a Sony Micro Vault USB2 128MB today

                    I still can't get over how light it is... lol

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I didn't know they still sold these, I wanted to get one a few years ago but couldn't find it later. I've found an almost three decade old technology, FTP, is easier though

                      Comment

                      widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X