Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any banner server recommendations?

Hi.
    Does anyone have any recommendations on a PHP banner program for my site? I've been using WebAdverts for years but it is really loading down my server.

I need one that uses Zones.

Example: I have five different sections on my site.

1. Cars
    2. Trucks
    3. Vans
    4. 4- Wheelers
    5. MotorCycles

Say I have an advertisers who sells cars and vans. I want to display his banner only in the cars and van section.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm using webverts right now for my html pages and vbulletin.

P.S.
    Maybe it is just me but I installed phpadsnew and it didn't seem to user friendly.
    You should be able to just create the Zones. Add the specific tags to each Zone. It just seemed to be too difficult to do this.

Try phpadsnew. I don't know the URL of sourceforge but you'll find it at hotscripts.com.
    Ueli

Comment

Originally posted by orca
      Try phpadsnew. I don't know the URL of sourceforge but you'll find it at hotscripts.com.
      Yeah. I tried it.
      Can you easily setup Zones with it without having to attach banners to it?
      I would like to just create Zones then later add advertisers to them.
      It seems like with phpadsnew you have to create a campaign first then a zone. If I have five different areas of the site do I just place 5 different tags on my site.

I'm looking for something similar to WebAdverts except coded in PHP.

Comment

Not much an expert in phpadsnew but there's agreat documentation included. You can actually create different code snippets for each zone. The zones can be added b4 the banners.
        Ueli

Comment

Originally posted by redbird
          Yeah. I tried it.
          Can you easily setup Zones with it without having to attach banners to it?
          I would like to just create Zones then later add advertisers to them.
          It seems like with phpadsnew you have to create a campaign first then a zone. If I have five different areas of the site do I just place 5 different tags on my site.

I'm looking for something similar to WebAdverts except coded in PHP.
          phpadsnew is an excellent script, it will do everything you want and even more (once you use it long enough, that is). It's the only FREE script I will recommend, besides a certain other forum script
          J de Silva
          GIDForums™ | GIDSearch™ | GIDNetwork™

Comment

URL for phpadsnew is http://www.phpadsnew.com

Now how hard was that?
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
              URL for phpadsnew is http://www.phpadsnew.com

Now how hard was that?
              Thanks.
              I've installed it and will give it a try.

Comment

I use dot banner and do the kinds of things you are talking about. I have different forums with different zones of ads. Some banners are only served to certain forums...other products/advertisers in other forums.

Dot-banner.com isn't free, but I think it was worth the money I spent for it. Its easy to configure and easy to handle in the admin control panel. There are log-ins for my advertisers where they can alter banners, urls, check stats and more.

Hope this helps if the other doesn't work for you.
                Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

Thank You for the suggestions.
                  I've got to admit.
                  I opened my mouth before really looking at phpadsnew.

It has got to be the best banner program free or paid.

It just took me a little while to read the documentation and learn how it worked.

Thanks.

Comment

I use phpadsnew - it's free and it runs great.

- jeff

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X