Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite VB3 option or change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite VB3 option or change?

I'm going to start a poll related to the options that are new in VB3.
    I personally like the most:
    Similar Threads
    Really useful, IMO... I have it installed also onto my forums (VB2).

UPDATE
    Sorry, I did not include Admin Related options, because we don't really have access to them yet.
    From what we see, the most pleasant options are Conditional Templates and Scheduled Tasks (vbCron).
    Feel free to post your extra comments, as well to vote on the existing options.

Thank you for taking the time to vote and reveal your opinion related to VB3 options and improvements.
    Treaded Mode
    8.00%
    Similar Threads
    24.00%
    Quick Reply Box
    16.00%
    No Redirections
    12.00%
    Public User Groups
    16.00%
    Private Messaging System
    0.00%
    ICQ & MSN Notification
    8.00%
    Dynamic FAQ
    4.00%
    Calendar
    8.00%
    Last edited by TECK; Tue 7 Jan '03, 6:00pm.
    Floren Munteanu
    Axivo Inc.
    Axivo Searchlight - Turbocharge your web site

I like the admin features

Comment

Originally posted by TECK
      I going to start a poll related to the options that are new in VB3.
      Similar Threads

Really useful, IMO... I have it installed also onto my forums (VB2).
      Conditional templates.

Side note: http://www.vbulletintemplates.com/mo...&threadid=2629

I think I like the back-end and admin-side features new to vB3 (not that I've seen them of course, just from what's been said) than any front-end stuff.
      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
        I like the admin features
        LOL
        Floren Munteanu
        Axivo Inc.

Comment

I think the conditional templates and vBCron are the things most people will appreciate (particularly those who like to hack.)
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            I think the conditional templates and vBCron are the things most people will appreciate (particularly those who like to hack.)
            vbCron? More details about it please Steve?
            Floren Munteanu
            Axivo Inc.

Comment

From the list:
              No Redirections.
              Overall:
              Speed.
              You're my Prince of Peace
              And I will live my life for You

Comment

vbCron? More details about it please Steve?
                Yeah
                vBCron sounds like some kind of bird lol

Comment

Originally posted by N9ne
                  Yeah
                  vBCron sounds like some kind of bird lol
                  Cron is a service that execute commands at specific dates/times...

Comment

I gotta say...the no session ids for registered members...completly taken out.

Where can I find info on vB cron? This will be an asset to my site

Comment

Originally posted by Arunan.S
                      I gotta say...the no session ids for registered members...completly taken out.

Where can I find info on vB cron? This will be an asset to my site
                      vBcron (really called 'Scheduled Tasks') is our way of building a crontab facility into vBulletin. It is the system that handles such things as deferred thread and attachment views, happy birthday emails, daily/weekly digests, user promotions, calendar event reminders, and activation reminder emails. You can easily write your own scripts, as they are rather small, then add entries for them in the scheduled tasks to run hourly, once a day, once a week, once a month. You can choose to keep logs of what the scripts did. It is rather robust and will be expanded to allow you to run scripts more than once an hour in the future.

Comment

I going to start a poll related to the options that are new in VB3.