Web design people: requesting info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web design people: requesting info

Hi everyone. I run a car enthusiast website for my city but I'm being hampered by my lack of web design ability. I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on the following subjects. I used frontpage to create the site but I recently bought Dreamweaver and have foudn it to be better.

Here is what I need to know how to do:

I want to be able to add banners to the site once so they appear on all the pages in the same place. I alos need to track the number of hits and clicks for each banner as well as set rotations with other banners.

The second thing I want to do is add a survery of about 5 questions so people can have somehting to interact with.

I understand that I would probably need to use php for some sort of databse but I have no clue where to begin or what to do.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
    Danny
    My Site ---->www.montrealracing.com

Originally posted by DannyITR
    Hi everyone. I run a car enthusiast website for my city but I'm being hampered by my lack of web design ability. I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on the following subjects. I used frontpage to create the site but I recently bought Dreamweaver and have foudn it to be better.

Here is what I need to know how to do:

I want to be able to add banners to the site once so they appear on all the pages in the same place. I alos need to track the number of hits and clicks for each banner as well as set rotations with other banners.

The second thing I want to do is add a survery of about 5 questions so people can have somehting to interact with.

I understand that I would probably need to use php for some sort of databse but I have no clue where to begin or what to do.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Try PHPAdsNew. Use a remote invocation code and dump the code in the vBulletin header template.
    http://www.phpadsnew.com
    Last edited by ManagerJosh; Tue 7 Jan '03, 11:06am.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

You could try Macromedia (.com) Dreamweaver MX - it is easy to learn and does so much more and neater then frontpage.

Look around the internet and see how other sites are build up, then work on the ideas that you have in your head and try to implement the stuff you like from other sites (make it work and make it work original, dont rip!). Start with the super basics and build up each version from there on. This way your content can build on the design and the design on the content.

You could make certain stuff that returns in the site in templates or php include files to get a continues and professional look. And a bit more dynamic.

The above post is a nice suggestion for php banners system solution.

Also, if you want a complete solution, find a cheap or freeware CMS (content management system) - easy design, which can be altered through a backend and articles and everything can be added to the site without real knowledge of html / php etc. It helps most users who start their company a lot.

Comment

or

www.phpportals has 1 built in

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X