Looking for a good CMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NetherChris
    You'd have to mod it heavily, and i've never heard this mentioned.. but last I checked the Slashdot engine was O.S. as well.
    Are you referring to ezpublish or something else? I tried to figure this out and in threaded view it looks like that if that is so i Still dont have the link for it
    HFT Online - Professional computer help ... with a personal touch

Comment

Originally posted by CondorZ
      I hope vB does develop a nice CMS for 3, something easy to manage and integrate. IMO, it's the one thing that vB is missing that could really improve things.
      I agree, it will be a big advantage

Comment

Originally posted by Techguy1
        Are you referring to ezpublish or something else? I tried to figure this out and in threaded view it looks like that if that is so i Still dont have the link for it
        He is not referring to ezpublish as far as I understand him.

The ezpublish link is the firs tlink I gave before. There are two falvors - the commerical and the GPL one. The link for GPL licensed one is http://developer.ez.no

Comment

I really like Mira: the full Mailing list manager, and detailed article submission forms, But YOU MUST USE WINDOWS to use the article editor and template editor . I hope vContent doesn't have a Windows only Editor. I can't submit an article with Mira's Article editor

I Hopw vContent uses an article editor that works on Mac, Unix, and maybe windows, but the Mac and Unix support comes first.

I hope vContent has a full mailing list manager, then it can auto sent out to the list the article title, and summary when the article is submitted, then people can subscribe based on article catagory, or site. and then they will either recieve updats per catagory, or a once a day newsletter with all the new articles.

I hope vContent is 100x better then Mira.....I nearly purchased mira, if it hadn't been for the Windows Required.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Write
            I really like Mira: the full Mailing list manager, and detailed article submission forms, But YOU MUST USE WINDOWS to use the article editor and template editor . I hope vContent doesn't have a Windows only Editor. I can't submit an article with Mira's Article editor

I Hopw vContent uses an article editor that works on Mac, Unix, and maybe windows, but the Mac and Unix support comes first.

I hope vContent has a full mailing list manager, then it can auto sent out to the list the article title, and summary when the article is submitted, then people can subscribe based on article catagory, or site. and then they will either recieve updats per catagory, or a once a day newsletter with all the new articles.

I hope vContent is 100x better then Mira.....I nearly purchased mira, if it hadn't been for the Windows Required.
            Hmmm.... Is this for WYSIWYG part? Other than IE-specific functions, I don't get why it would require Windows....

And thanks Codename, I finally got the page to load. Will check it out

Comment

Looked at ezPublish. So far so good. Will check it out in detail later

Comment

Hmmm.... Is this for WYSIWYG part? Other than IE-specific functions, I don't get why it would require Windows....

And thanks Codename, I finally got the page to load. Will check it out
                The article creation part of the form (page 2) is only WYSIWYG there is no alternetive for none windows users

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Write
                  The article creation part of the form (page 2) is only WYSIWYG there is no alternetive for none windows users
                  Hmm, sounds like lazy coding to me. The least they could do would be to put a brief browser check in and if you aren't using a compatible browser, it could let you just edit the HTML.
                  MTG Salvation.com | Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Cow
                    Hmm, sounds like lazy coding to me. The least they could do would be to put a brief browser check in and if you aren't using a compatible browser, it could let you just edit the HTML.
                    agreed

Comment

Looked at ezPublish. So far so good. Will check it out in detail later
                      WAY too big, and it takes hell of a lot to install
                      Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

i got it installed ( latest RC for ezpub 3 is eassy to use ) but it crashes my php when i try to signing or make a new login hehe
                        www.xixora.com
                        Goldrush : A Soldier of Fortune Modification going for the GOLD!

Comment

Originally posted by IDN
                          http://www.miraserver.com - $150
                          From their site re: customizations: "It is true that modifying your copy of Miraserver will make future upgrades a little more difficult."

Yeah, that's what I want to hear...

I looked at EZ too, but it's a notorious resource hog. I keep hearing that one should forget about it unless it's on a dedicated server.

There are a lot of good threads, and tutorials/articles on EZ Publish at www.sitepoint.com... Highly recommended for anyone who's considering this package.

For a quick site for a friend, I took MyPhpNuke. It's the least offensive of the Nuke clan. Runs well.

Another option is the recently released www.virtuanews.co.uk, which offers vB integration, and clean, efficient coding. Great feature set too.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkham
                            From their site re: customizations: "It is true that modifying your copy of Miraserver will make future upgrades a little more difficult."

Yeah, that's what I want to hear...

I looked at EZ too, but it's a notorious resource hog. I keep hearing that one should forget about it unless it's on a dedicated server.

There are a lot of good threads, and tutorials/articles on EZ Publish at www.sitepoint.com... Highly recommended for anyone who's considering this package.

For a quick site for a friend, I took MyPhpNuke. It's the least offensive of the Nuke clan. Runs well.

Another option is the recently released www.virtuanews.co.uk, which offers vB integration, and clean, efficient coding. Great feature set too.
                            I'd be interested in seeing a samplpe of a virtuanews code to decide how clean it's coded for myself.

But as far as ineffeciency. I have disagreements. Anything can be a rousce hog unless you configure it well.

Comment

Originally posted by Codename49
                              But as far as ineffeciency. I have disagreements. Anything can be a rousce hog unless you configure it well.
                              I've heard more complaints about EZPublish than praises. Too many installation headaches and resource problems. For a small site or a hobby site, it's probably not worth the trouble, but I'm just going by second-hand knowledge. The threads on SitePoint are a good start for someone interested in EZP.

Comment

pMachine

I've seen great sites made with pMachine:

http://www.pmachine.com/

Unortunately, their demo/free trial is a "lite" extremely crippled version, where you can't really see how these sites do it!
                                vB Drupal Community Plumbing | vB Survey | vBusy | vB Spell | vBouncer

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X