This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Recovery Software

I was told there was some data recovery software out there that could recover deleted data. Well this is something I need now, because I had to reinstall Windows XP, and this in turn deleted everything in the Documents and Settings folder, which I would desperately like to get back now. I'm willing to pay almost any money, as some of the documents were important school works, and the Docs and Settings folder also contained all my email messages from Outlook Express. Many of the messages were highly important.
    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Take a look at http://www.datarecoverygroup.com/

Comment

Originally posted by <v>
      Take a look at http://www.datarecoverygroup.com/
      Very nice, but looks like a place where you actually send a dead hard drive to get data off of it, or not necessarily dead but crashed. Sending in the drive isn't really what I was looking for, I know there's software that'll do it (although probably not as well...)
      "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
      "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
        Very nice, but looks like a place where you actually send a dead hard drive to get data off of it, or not necessarily dead but crashed. Sending in the drive isn't really what I was looking for, I know there's software that'll do it (although probably not as well...)
        OK
        Then how about http://www.ontrack.com/easyrecovery/

Comment

If you've already written over the data (which it sounds like you have), then there is little to no chance of getting it back. Results are generally only found when the data is deleted but not written over.

Comment

Originally posted by NetherChris
            If you've already written over the data (which it sounds like you have), then there is little to no chance of getting it back. Results are generally only found when the data is deleted but not written over.
            It's not likely to be written over, but I'm not sure... What it did when reinstalling was first deleting old files and then recreating folders and stuff.... Though the folders were recreated, I don't know about the files within.

How have you known so much about like every thread I've posted in these past 2 weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by NetherChris
              It's not likely to be written over, but I'm not sure...
              When you delete something it is not physically removed from your hard disk.
              The space it was taking up is simply marked as free to be written to in the FAT, TOC, or whatever your file system calls it.
              Until it is overwritten the data is still on the disk and may be recovered.
              As you write new data to the disk all or part of your deleted files may be overwritten.

Comment

I was told there was some data recovery software out there that could recover deleted data. Well this is something I need now, because I had to reinstall Windows XP, and this in turn deleted everything in the Documents and Settings folder, which I would desperately like to get back now. I'm willing to pay almost any money, as some of the documents were important school works, and the Docs and Settings folder also contained all my email messages from Outlook Express. Many of the messages were highly important.
                I've used Get Data Back for NTFS and it works quite well... Check it out at www.runtime.org
                ~ LANeros.com ~

Comment

perchance could the data still be on your hard disk but in another folder?
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT View Post
                    Hi CeleronXT

As you want to recover your Doc and settings folder, I suggest you to recover your data using Kernel Windows data recovery software, you can get it from here

http://www.nucleustechnologies.com/W...-Software.html

For recovering email messages from outlook express you can use kernel Outlook express and you can get it from here:

http://www.nucleustechnologies.com/O...-Recovery.html

Thanks

Comment

Data Recovery

Check out this site: http://www.recoverandbackup.com it might help you out!!!

Comment

Another vote for GetDataBack. I've used this with success a number of times.

Another good one is File Scavenger.
                        Webmaster / Administrator
                        www.MegaGames.com
                        www.MGForums.com

Comment

GetDataBack and R-Studio in my practical experience have proven best.
                          TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

Search google for hard drive forensic tools. They find stuff back from teh first time the hd was used. very cool dos tools.

Comment

I have used GetDataBack numerous times to recover lost data and it did the trick every time. once it even managed to recover myfiles after a hard drive has been wiped and formatted 4 times.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X