No announcement yet.

CPU Temp - Should I Be Concerned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK. There is a good example of things like this in whats known as "bong" cooling.

This involves dripping water from a shower head from a 4-5ft distance with a fan exhausting warm air from the tube. Due to the nature of moisture in the air/etc... the water will be brought to below ambient levels in certain cases. Although the air is not cooled by the fan ( or your mouth blowing air ), it is cooled as it moves, expelling heat to the areas around it.

And let's remember. There is no such thing as cold, or cool. Being "cold" is simply a lack of heat.

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
      That's true, it gives a cool feeling, but it's not cooling the air itself Only an air conditioner really cools the air.
      Not quite true. Evaporation of water also cools the air. This is the entire basis for 'evaporative coolers' which are widespread in the Southwest U.S.

When you 'blow' on your skin or the wind blows over it, water on your skin evaporates thereby causing the cooling effect.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        Not quite true. Evaporation of water also cools the air. This is the entire basis for 'evaporative coolers' which are widespread in the Southwest U.S.

When you 'blow' on your skin or the wind blows over it, water on your skin evaporates thereby causing the cooling effect.
        Yes, and the fan may cause this evaporation, but it's not actually cooling the air in the way that most people think that air flowing through a fan is somehow mystically cooled.

Just out of curiosity, when quoting me, why did you remove the period? @[email protected]
        "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
        "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
        Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
          Yes, and the fan may cause this evaporation, but it's not actually cooling the air in the way that most people think that air flowing through a fan is somehow mystically cooled.

Just out of curiosity, when quoting me, why did you remove the period? @[email protected]
          I didn't. Did you edit your post?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I didn't. Did you edit your post?
            Nope, and it doesn't say 'Edited By' either.... Maybe when snipping down the quote, you did it?
            "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
            "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Comment

Okay then. Sloppy editing on my part. Sorry about that.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Okay then. Sloppy editing on my part. Sorry about that.
                Heh, it's not like it matters or anything though. ^_^

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X