No announcement yet.

Powershot A40 Digital Camera any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powershot A40 Digital Camera any good?

???
    Running vB since 4-14-2002

Originally posted by IDN
    ???
    Never having seen one I'm not in a position to comment.
    Notice how I comment even though I don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

Comment

I think we should call it Postcountitis.

Anywho, I've heard good things about them.. thats about all I can say. Check epinions.com and the amazon.com reviews of it.

Comment

Originally posted by IDN
        ???
        From what I have heard, it is a good camera for its price range.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by IDN
          ???
          Take a look at http://www.dpreview.com. From my digital photography friends, or shall I say, fanatics, that is the best resource for digital camera information.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            From what I have heard, it is a good camera for its price range.
            just to add onto Wayne's comments...

never used the A40 but I own a Canon Powershot S110 - great digital camera - I trust all of the Powershot lines of digital cameras released by Canon.

Comment

Originally posted by LanciaStratos
              Take a look at http://www.dpreview.com. From my digital photography friends, or shall I say, fanatics, that is the best resource for digital camera information.
              Yep, that is an excellent website

I have the Fuji 602s zoom
              HP DL-380 G6, 2x E5520, 28GB RAM, 4x300GB SAS, VMWare ESXi
              -
              Unreal Tournament : Assault forums - irc://irc.utassault.net:6667 -

Comment

Originally posted by Martz
                Yep, that is an excellent website

I have the Fuji 602s zoom
                I just bought a Fuji S602 zoom yesterday,along with a new printer,copier scanner all in one unit....

Now if only I can get my computers USB ports to work lol..I am told it has to do with a jumper and cable that needs to be connected..sucks to have a new camera and printer that I cant use lol,they work fine on my old computer.

Comment

Yeah if all else fails and i don't get it i will probably get a A40 i will get a Fuji or Kodak
                  Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

Originally posted by bromyaur
                    I just bought a Fuji S602 zoom yesterday,along with a new printer,copier scanner all in one unit....

Now if only I can get my computers USB ports to work lol..I am told it has to do with a jumper and cable that needs to be connected..sucks to have a new camera and printer that I cant use lol,they work fine on my old computer.
                    I recommend you get a Smart media/Microdrive card reader - they are USB too, which wont solve your problem, but beats using USB via the camera.
                    -

Comment

The Fuji Finepix S2 is a very nice digital camera: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bh1.sph/...ID=F2ABB6B2A30

Comment

I recommend you get a Smart media/Microdrive card reader - they are USB too, which wont solve your problem, but beats using USB via the camera.
                        I plan on getting one of them and a tripod soon, once I get my usb problems sorted out..

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Schreiber
                          The Fuji Finepix S2 is a very nice digital camera: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bh1.sph/...ID=F2ABB6B2A30
                          Do you own an S2 Chris? If so would like to see any shots you've taken with it.

One I quite like was taken by my girlfriend using my s602:

Click to enlarge
                          -

Comment

great picture.I am about to delve into the manual and play with mine a bit.I got it home yesterday and after playing with my usb problems I took the camera out of the box and took my first pictures with it but they turned out real bad lol.

Comment

Do you own an S2 Chris? If so would like to see any shots you've taken with it.
                              No I actually don't have a digital camera since I've invested all my photography "hobby" money into medium format equipment. I will get a digitial back someday though, just not right now since the prices are still at $20k.

My dad had an S1 which I do have some pictures from, and just traded that in recently for an S2.... he does wedding photography on the side and loves that camera. I've seen 8x10 prints from it that will rival most medium format equipment.

Very, very nice picture btw

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X