Computer's fan making noises?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a fan grave yard.

Though the last CPU fan I had was a Delta 80mm Fan (EHE) (FG-004-DE) running on a
    Thermalright AX-478 .

I didn't have to clean the office for weeks, just take the filters out of the case once a day.

Though I had to get rid of it when I found the cat stuck to the case and he couldn't escape due to suction
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Hutchings

Though the last CPU fan I had was a Delta 80mm Fan (EHE) (FG-004-DE) running on a
      Thermalright AX-478 .

I didn't have to clean the office for weeks, just take the filters out of the case once a day.

Though I had to get rid of it when I found the cat stuck to the case and he couldn't escape due to suction
      LOL! That's something you should send in to you've been framed, a cat stuck to a case!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Hutchings

Thermalright AX-478 .

as long as you didn't mind the sound of a lawnmower in your case :P
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
          as long as you didn't mind the sound of a lawnmower in your case :P
          Well actually it probably wouldn't affect me as much since I play my music very loud...

Comment

Originally posted by N9ne
            Well actually it probably wouldn't affect me as much since I play my music very loud...
            I'd take my medication for tinnitus every time I booted up
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

And thats if I could hear myself
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Sorry Nuno.. but the V7+ is one of the worst HSF's money can buy.

Bad clips, faulty fans, blah blah blah. They suck.

Delta EHE? Are you friggin mad? Sheesh. Someone put up a video the other day of the comeback delta 80mm fan, its almost as thick as it is wide and it pushes over 100CFM. It blew up a CD case, with a CD in it. It's a jet engine. Only thing worse is a Vantec Tornado.

N9one, your case fan is most likely 92mm, although its non standardized. If you blew a CPU fan, its proprietary depending on your HSF. If you blew a CPU fan, and its groaning, DONT USE YOUR COMPUTER. Find out which fan it is thats malfunctioning. If its your PS fan or you CPU fan, you may come home to a small fire some day (yes, it has happened). If its just a front intake fan, you are PROBABLY ok...

For quiet fans i'd recommend a Panaflo L1A, you can get them from Newegg for about $10.

Comment

100CFM

Air's good, water is better and FLUORINERT is THE daddy
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
                    100CFM

Air's good, water is better and FLUORINERT is THE daddy
                    Yeah but with Fluorinert its well over $100 per gallon and you need a way to cool it, otherwise it evaporates it.

Some crazy guy decided to put an intercooler in LN2 with Fluorinert running through with an ultra high tolerance pump through to a second chamber with his mobo. Got his temps down to like -30C ACROSS THE ENTIRE MOTHERBOARD. Insane.

/me thinks of delta EHE and wipes ear drum off wall

[edit] oh wait a minute, you LINKED to the article about the guy who did an intercooler in LN2. /me hits self in head[/edit]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X