Microsoft critical security patches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft critical security patches

Microsoft last night released three sets of security patches, the most important of which aims to address flaws in Microsoft Virtual Machine (VM) which it admits could enable system compromise.
    The VM patch is designed to address eight vulnerabilities, the most serious of which would enable an attacker to gain control over a user's system. That's possible because of a vulnerability that means an untrusted Java applet could access COM objects.
    patch description here

Next up there's a patch for a privilege elevation flaw - a particular Windows message, called WM_TIMER. Because of this problem an attacker able to log onto a target machine could gain administrator privileges.
    The issue affects Windows NT 4.0, NT 4.0 Terminal Server, Win 2K and Win XP.
    patch description here

read more
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Thanks for the heads up

I'm glad I don't have the JVM enabled
    vBulletin.org Moderator
    The Sisters Three Charmed Discussion Forums

Comment

Originally posted by NTLDR
      Thanks for the heads up

I'm glad I don't have the JVM enabled
      but I do
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Whats JVM enabled ???

I have the updates downloaded automatically from Microsoft.
        PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Comment

Looks like somebody forgot a decimal point.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis01
            Looks like somebody forgot a decimal point.
            Or has an OC48 connection.
            iComix :: web comics

Report Post | IP: Logged

Comment

Originally posted by Asendin

Microsoft last night released three sets of security patches, the most important of which aims to address flaws in Microsoft Virtual Machine (VM) which it admits could enable system compromise.
              The VM patch is designed to address eight vulnerabilities, the most serious of which would enable an attacker to gain control over a user's system. That's possible because of a vulnerability that means an untrusted Java applet could access COM objects.
              patch description here

Next up there's a patch for a privilege elevation flaw - a particular Windows message, called WM_TIMER. Because of this problem an attacker able to log onto a target machine could gain administrator privileges.
              The issue affects Windows NT 4.0, NT 4.0 Terminal Server, Win 2K and Win XP.
              patch description here

read more
              yeah updated my pcs... but boy was the downloading slow as hell!
              :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
              :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
              :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
                yeah updated my pcs... but boy was the downloading slow as hell!
                Keeps timing out here...

Comment

Timeouts over here as well... I have one of the updates installed...and the other one keeps on failing on me... just about everytime I try to download/install it... grrrr...

Comment

Timed out the first time, so I was too lazy to go to wu myself. This morning it seemed to finally get it and just installed it a few minutes ago. The automatic updates have always been flakey for me.
                    forums: pcfx.cc
                    gallery: here

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X