No announcement yet.

The new Dollar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can pay for vending machines with your mobile phone in Japan now. Just point your phone to the machine and accept the billing charges to your phone bill.

No coins, no banknotes, no extra weight

Comment

Originally posted by baragon0
      You can pay for vending machines with your mobile phone in Japan now. Just point your phone to the machine and accept the billing charges to your phone bill.

No coins, no banknotes, no extra weight
      Wow that's cool... you live in Tokyo, baragon, or just visiting there?
      Chen Avinadav
      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Originally posted by Chen
        Wow that's cool... you live in Tokyo, baragon, or just visiting there?

I live there during summers...which it is not now

I have to update my location

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hewitt
          Yeah, I was told $1 coins do exist, but they are rare. Any reason for that?

Certainly where I was (Chicago and Washington) it was all notes.

We used to have 1 notes in the UK but when coins were brought in the notes were withdrawn over a period of about 6 months.
          $1.00 coins exist very rare because it was easily confused with the 25 cents piece (size)

People didn't like the new gold dollar coin because it was too heavy -_-
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by chrispadfield
            I hate coins with absolute passion, i wish there was a 1 note. It will be lot easier when we have trully electronic cash though ...
            I personally don't carry any cash 90% of the time. If the store in question doesn't accept my debit card, they don't deserve my business.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

In canada

Coins:
              0.01, 0.05, 0.10, 0.25, 0.50, 1.00, 2.00
              Bills:
              5.00, 10.00, 20.00, 50.00, 100.00, 500.00, 1000.00, 10000, 100000,

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hewitt
                The thing I found most difficult on my recent visit to the US, is that you don't have $1 coins, like we have 1 coins in the UK.

So whenever I get change I end up with a load of notes. It then becomes very difficult to actually get money together to pay for anything as you have to fiddle on with a load of paper money worth little, in amongst the higher value notes.

If $1 notes were replaced by coins then it would be much easier, IMHO!
                Money is no longer real money it is only the ghost of money. Many people do not know this but the US Federal reserve is a private business and privatly owned. I run a web site called Gold is Money and it is dedicated to this very subject. If you really want to know about money come to our site and you will find some surprising answers.. www.goldismoney.info

Ever wonder why they do not teach you about money and what it is and how it is created in school? I have to much to say on this subject and most here would not want to hear it and if per chance you do visit our site... we are a non proffit info site!

Comment

I would personally quite like 1, 2 notes! I don't like carrying coins, as they are noisy, weigh me down and scratch my phone when I put it in my pocket

It would be cool to have 1 and 2 notes, but how about 1p notes the future!

Comment

I really can't stand 10p's and 20p's. I'm not sure which would be faster, counting hundreds of notes or hundreds of coins, both have an advantages and disadvantages.
                    vBulletin.org Moderator
                    The Sisters Three Charmed Discussion Forums

Comment

You people have 2 coins? Damn. Here it's only 0.10, 0.50, 1, 5 and 10. 20, 50, 100, 200 and 500 are notes... but anyway, isn't it a lot easier to carry a bunch of notes? Most wallets are only designed for that, and you don't have to walk around and sound like a cow with a bell on your neck.
                      Yeah, but 2 will only only buy you 50 worth of stuff in the UK
                      http://britishexpats.com/ - British expatriate community

Comment

It's about time they make it a bit nicer...
                        http://www.whnt19.com/Global/story.asp?S=1032539
                        I think it's time we starting using both digital and paper money. Why am I still lugging around my PDA? Because I know I'm an idiot. Nevertheless, I am preparing myself for the hope that one day, I can go to a Starbucks franchise, transmit money wirelessly to the cashier, and enjoy my mocha latte.

It seems like another Spielbergian dream, but the digital money thing will come one day. We will hopefully have digital wallets one day.

Comment

Originally posted by JHung
                          I think it's time we starting using both digital and paper money. Why am I still lugging around my PDA? Because I know I'm an idiot. Nevertheless, I am preparing myself for the hope that one day, I can go to a Starbucks franchise, transmit money wirelessly to the cashier, and enjoy my mocha latte.

It seems like another Spielbergian dream, but the digital money thing will come one day. We will hopefully have digital wallets one day.
                          Actually, after thinking about income taxes, I retract what I've just said. I don't think I want digital cash,which will probably incriminate me with the Federal Internal Revenue Service.

Comment

Originally posted by G-khan
                            Money is no longer real money it is only the ghost of money. Many people do not know this but the US Federal reserve is a private business and privatly owned. I run a web site called Gold is Money and it is dedicated to this very subject. If you really want to know about money come to our site and you will find some surprising answers.. www.goldismoney.info

Ever wonder why they do not teach you about money and what it is and how it is created in school? I have to much to say on this subject and most here would not want to hear it and if per chance you do visit our site... we are a non proffit info site!
                            Huh, anyone with any basic economics education knows all about money and how it is not real. Why you think gold is any different I have no idea; any currency is only valuable because everyone else thinks it is valuable. This applies to gold, diamonds, money or numbers on a computer. It makes no difference what we use so long we agree on it.
                            Christopher Padfield
                            Web Based Helpdesk
                            DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

Originally posted by fastforward
                              Yeah, but 2 will only only buy you 50 worth of stuff in the UK
                              You can tell you emmigrated; It is about 10 cents worth of stuff for 2 now
                              Christopher Padfield
                              Web Based Helpdesk
                              DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

Originally posted by chrispadfield
                                You can tell you emmigrated; It is about 10 cents worth of stuff for 2 now
                                Which is kind of funny considering you get only get about 0.65 pounds per US dollar.
                                - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X