Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new Dollar

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The new Dollar

    It's about time they make it a bit nicer...
    http://www.whnt19.com/Global/story.asp?S=1032539
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

    גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

  • #2
    The thing I found most difficult on my recent visit to the US, is that you don't have $1 coins, like we have 1 coins in the UK.

    So whenever I get change I end up with a load of notes. It then becomes very difficult to actually get money together to pay for anything as you have to fiddle on with a load of paper money worth little, in amongst the higher value notes.

    If $1 notes were replaced by coins then it would be much easier, IMHO!
    Motorsport Forums

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mark Hewitt
      The thing I found most difficult on my recent visit to the US, is that you don't have $1 coins, like we have 1 coins in the UK.
      Hey we do to have $1 coins, I have a whole pickle jar of them some stores have them and some dont, some stores you have to ask to get one,

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah, I was told $1 coins do exist, but they are rare. Any reason for that?

        Certainly where I was (Chicago and Washington) it was all notes.

        We used to have 1 notes in the UK but when coins were brought in the notes were withdrawn over a period of about 6 months.
        Motorsport Forums

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by hypedave
          Hey we do to have $1 coins, I have a whole pickle jar of them some stores have them and some dont, some stores you have to ask to get one,
          I want to see That link doesn't work

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Arunan.S
            I want to see That link doesn't work

            lol I didnt post a link though.

            Comment


            • #7
              Damn Quick Reply :-p

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mark Hewitt
                The thing I found most difficult on my recent visit to the US, is that you don't have $1 coins, like we have 1 coins in the UK.

                So whenever I get change I end up with a load of notes. It then becomes very difficult to actually get money together to pay for anything as you have to fiddle on with a load of paper money worth little, in amongst the higher value notes.

                If $1 notes were replaced by coins then it would be much easier, IMHO!
                We have $1 coins, they just never became popular mainly because we never change because we're idiots and other systems in place already such as vending machines would have to be upgraded.

                I kind of like paper money better for $1, if you have a bunch of them it doesn't weigh down your pocket
                --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by filburt1
                  We have $1 coins, they just never became popular mainly because we never change because we're idiots and other systems in place already such as vending machines would have to be upgraded.

                  I kind of like paper money better for $1, if you have a bunch of them it doesn't weigh down your pocket
                  And besides it looks much cooler if you go with this pack of bills in your pocket... even if it's just $1 each.
                  Chen Avinadav
                  Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

                  גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Chen
                    And besides it looks much cooler if you go with this pack of bills in your pocket... even if it's just $1 each.
                    I hate coins with absolute passion, i wish there was a 1 note. It will be lot easier when we have trully electronic cash though ...
                    Christopher Padfield
                    Web Based Helpdesk
                    DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by chrispadfield
                      I hate coins with absolute passion, i wish there was a 1 note. It will be lot easier when we have trully electronic cash though ...
                      I love 1 coins . I also like 2 coins

                      It was funny in America seeing all those vending machines which take notes. They only ever take coins here
                      Motorsport Forums

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mark Hewitt
                        I love 1 coins . I also like 2 coins

                        It was funny in America seeing all those vending machines which take notes. They only ever take coins here
                        You people have 2 coins? Damn. Here it's only 0.10, 0.50, 1, 5 and 10. 20, 50, 100, 200 and 500 are notes... but anyway, isn't it a lot easier to carry a bunch of notes? Most wallets are only designed for that, and you don't have to walk around and sound like a cow with a bell on your neck.
                        Chen Avinadav
                        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

                        גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Chen
                          You people have 2 coins? Damn. Here it's only 0.10, 0.50, 1, 5 and 10. 20, 50, 100, 200 and 500 are notes... but anyway, isn't it a lot easier to carry a bunch of notes? Most wallets are only designed for that, and you don't have to walk around and sound like a cow with a bell on your neck.
                          We have the 1 and 2 dollar coins and I hate the blasted things LOL

                          I wish we had the paper equivalents back.
                          PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mark Hewitt
                            Yeah, I was told $1 coins do exist, but they are rare. Any reason for that?
                            We hoard them. Seriously. Since they haven't hit the market in a big sweeping way, they're a sort of curiosity.

                            In 2000, the US Mint came out with a small gold-colored coin (similar to the 1-pound coin, only not as thick), and it was all you got as change when you bought a subway ticket or stamps. (I'm guessing that was the Mint's idea of making the coin widely available to the public.) But it was a real pain in the bedonkis, too. If you used a $20-bill to buy a $1.50 ticket, the machine would spit out two quarters and 18 gold Sakagewea coins, and really, who wants to weigh their pockets down with several pounds worth of coinage?

                            Anyway, rambling way to get there, but the long and short of it is: it isn't all that convenient for us to use them.
                            iComix :: web comics

                            Report Post | IP: Logged

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by bigmattyh
                              If you used a $20-bill to buy a $1.50 ticket, the machine would spit out two quarters and 18 gold Sakagewea coins, and really, who wants to weigh their pockets down with several pounds worth of coinage?

                              Well we've never had that problem here because as far as I know we've never had vending machines which accept notes. All our machines take only coins, of which there is 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, 1, 2.

                              So the most change you would ever get is that of 2.
                              Motorsport Forums

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X