Mailing list software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mailing list software?

I need a script that can send mass amount of email (no, not spam). There are currently around 3,000 addresses which, if all goes well, will keep growing.

We currently have all these emails in a excel file, so we need to be able to import all the addresses from that.

It's OK if it's a commercial script as long as it doesn't cost too much.

Any ideas?

OK, on second thoughts - maybe vBulletin could do.

If I got her a vBulletin licence, is there some vBulletin importer type thing?

My friend just sent me a copy of the list and I found out it's really in CSV format (she just called it Excel as thats the program that opend it). You will have to remove .doc from the file extention - vBulletin won't let me upload a .csv

Attached is an example (I removed the real names for privacy reasons), there is another 3,000 other names that I have removed.

It would be good if the other bits and pieces could go into custom profile fields things
    Last edited by DWZ; Mon 2 Dec '02, 2:18am.

Comment

Originally posted by DWZ
      I need a script that can send mass amount of email (no, not spam). There are currently around 3,000 addresses which, if all goes well, will keep growing.

We currently have all these emails in a excel file, so we need to be able to import all the addresses from that.

It's OK if it's a commercial script as long as it doesn't cost too much.

Any ideas?
      Try www.ezwebscripts.com
      It is called ezlist pro. (http://www.ezwebscripts.com/ezlistpro)

Very good product with lots of feature
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
        Try http://www.ezwebscripts.com
        It is called ezlist pro. (http://www.ezwebscripts.com/ezlistpro)

Very good product with lots of feature
        There's also a very good open-source product called "Mailman." It's made by the GNU, credible open-source advocates, so you know you have a fine product. I have tried Majordomo, which is the more powerful, but I hate administering a mailing list by sending a batch of email commands back to some automated account when I can just do it all in an easy-to-use administrative interface that Mailman provides.

Good luck!
        Jason

Comment

Originally posted by JHung
          There's also a very good open-source product called "Mailman." It's made by the GNU, credible open-source advocates, so you know you have a fine product. I have tried Majordomo, which is the more powerful, but I hate administering a mailing list by sending a batch of email commands back to some automated account when I can just do it all in an easy-to-use administrative interface that Mailman provides.

Good luck!
          Jason
          I dunno about mailman but I've used their ezdatabase system Very nice too

ezList Pro I didn't purchase but was fiddling around with their demo and it was sweet
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X