This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• madpsx.com & Co.

Dear vbulletin team, as a loyal member of your community I've to say that it is a pain in the *** to see all those FXP forums which gets away with a simple warning.
    As an example I'll use <edited> ( <edited> &amp; <edited>) which opened up their doors once again (4th or 5th time.. who knows...) with an illigal copy of your software (besides the fact that they are sharing warez).
    Poorly I had to find out the fact that members which own a license and didn't followed the rules get punished with the removal of their license, while FXP boards like <edited> just get away with a slight warning over and over.
    I really think that THIS is NOT okay.
    Most of the boards which are listed at <edited> are using a illigal copy of vbulletin (mostly they secure themselves with .htacess).
    Sorry but this plain disgusting.
    Last edited by Cary; Mon 25 Nov '02, 6:41am.

You really should report these URLs at http://www.vbulletin.com/contact/piracy.php rather than posting them publicly.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
      You really should report these URLs at http://www.vbulletin.com/contact/piracy.php rather than posting them publicly.
      I did that so often that I can not count it anymore.
      They are just starting over and over...

Comment

As Filbert said, add them to the list and somebody will look into it. Thanks.

Comment

And realize that it may not be the "same" people that you are thinking about.
          Its easy to sign up for a couple of hundred domains and park them, and play "whack-a-mole" with them. That can't be helped. The only way to cut down with how fast they get back up is to target sites that allow these kinds of domains to sign up in the first place.

Just keep on reporting them every time you see them Soon, they wont have enough names, domains, and isps to run to, to keep on opening up their site.
          There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

Originally posted by WizyWyg
            And realize that it may not be the "same" people that you are thinking about.
            Its easy to sign up for a couple of hundred domains and park them, and play "whack-a-mole" with them. That can't be helped. The only way to cut down with how fast they get back up is to target sites that allow these kinds of domains to sign up in the first place.

Just keep on reporting them every time you see them Soon, they wont have enough names, domains, and isps to run to, to keep on opening up their site.
            They are the same group. I checked it out.
            Well it's really sad to know that those kids like to play "whack-a-mole" since 2 years by now and didn't get punsihed for their actions so far.
            But as long as I can I will hunt down those bastards

Offering you quality isos since 6/22/00 ... bah..

Comment

Please report all pirated boards through http://www.vbulletin.com/contact/piracy.php

Comment

Originally posted by Iori Yagami
                They are the same group. I checked it out.
                Well it's really sad to know that those kids like to play "whack-a-mole" since 2 years by now and didn't get punsihed for their actions so far.
                But as long as I can I will hunt down those bastards

Offering you quality isos since 6/22/00 ... bah..

Again, if yo uwant this kinds of things to stop, you have to target those domain reigstrations, FREE isp/webhosts, and such to stop letting these people sign up.

They can have the same name or be the same members, but until webhosts become more responsible over their users, it will continue to happen.

Vbulletin / jelsoft can only tell the host "hey this site is not running a legal" copy. Wehobst can either:

1. terminate them.
                2. do nothing

if its choice 2, then Jelsoft takes the next step (which may include legal action)

For the customers? Well, the ycould care less, they can run to the next webhost/isp to set up shop and until these webhosts learn that its not a good idea to sign up these bums, you can only do so much.

Just keep on reporting them, soon they'll find that it'll be too hard and too difficutl to find a host that would want them in the first place.
                There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X