Super Speedy - Impressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bahbah
    Everyone on here always complains about Rackshack and praises VO however Rackshacks servers have lightning fast connections
    Hmm, weird that the opposite is apparent when I did a tracert for RS - timed out starting at the 12th hop and not recovering from there... for the fifth straight time

To each his own ...
    OPEN TECH SUPPORT
    "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tolitz
      Hmm, weird that the opposite is apparent when I did a tracert for RS - timed out starting at the 12th hop and not recovering from there... for the fifth straight time

To each his own ...
      I had problems with speed as well and am also in the UK. It is weird, when I had my box at VO i never had any speed problems. Wonder if they changed something?
      Christopher Padfield
      Web Based Helpdesk
      DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

2mb connection... seems about the same if not a tad faster; but seems like the whole page loads then displays on some areas (not threads though so i like it). Overall seems a little faster though.......
        Jimmy

Comment

As a member of the VO network staff, I would like to work to help resolve and hopefully improve any issues your are having accessing VOs network. As many of you know, we own and operate our own data center in Denver, Colorado. We currently utilize Juniper M Series routers and have a Gigabit Ethernet switched Cisco Catalyst core. Switched at wire speed, latency within our facility is in the sub millisecond range. We do maintain connections to multiple providers via BGP-4 and are at the mercy of Internet peering and pre determined routing, much like every one else in the industry. We strive to make our network the most responsive in the industry, and have taken every step to insure this with systems within our control. Knowing that the Internet is not under our control, we in the process of taking it to the next step..... optimizing paths across the Internet. We are in the process of implementing advanced routing technology that will optimize and direct traffic out the best performing Internet path connected to our facility. We will passively analyze the round trip time and packet loss to all destination prefixes on the Internet, noting statistics out all carriers. Armed with this information, our routers will then direct traffic out the appropriate, best performing carrier. This process is incredibly fast, make several hundred routing changes per second if needed. This will help to ensure increased performance over other providers in the industry that simply use best effort routing. Look to see this technology implemented Q1 of '03.

This technology along with our plans to continually add more carriers to our facility will over all help performance. As for some more specific issues, I would like to receive trace routes from any and all who are experiencing slow response to our facility. Armed with this info, we can determine if the poor performance is due to an inbound peering issue within some networks between us or an issue with a carrier we are directly connected to. If needed, we will take this information to our carriers and discuss methods to increase performance if available. So for all that are experiencing slow response to VO, I welcome you to send a trace route to [email protected]. We will provide feedback as to the interpretaion of the traceroute and discuss with you some of the options available to improve times.

Thanks,

Ventures Online
          www.venturesonline.com

Comment

I did a few when the problem was at is height (10 second type delays) and Time Warner was the problem, timing out that hop repeatingly. Didn't keep any traceroutes but will try next time it happens.
            Christopher Padfield
            Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

same here, Time Warner hop timesout
              but no speed problems here at all..
              MCSE, MVP, CCIE
              Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Speed is still great here on this end, from Virginia.

Comment

speed is fine now ( 2 secs. )
                  www.xixora.com
                  Goldrush : A Soldier of Fortune Modification going for the GOLD!

Comment

Speed is a lot better for me now as well.
                    Christopher Padfield
                    Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

Roadrunner FL cable...For me, 3.0 is very slow with IE 6 and ZoneAlarm Pro (with any configuration), faster but not quick with ZAP off. It's very fast with Phoenix browser, ZAP on or off.
                      Last edited by teach1st; Wed 27 Nov '02, 9:57am.
                      Another Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                        Maybe this will explain why those in Europe and elsewhere are having problems accessing the site right now while those in the Continental U.S. are experiencing the site fast and smooth...

http://www.newsfactor.com/perl/story/5465.html
                        By Jay Lyman
                        NewsFactor Network<!--/byline-->
                        <!--date-->November 22, 2000

Quite a while ago eh?

edit: Copy and pasting just isn't the same with WYSIWYG [ie. it parses hidden tags]

Comment

Originally posted by N9ne
                          By Jay Lyman
                          NewsFactor Network<!--/byline-->
                          <!--date-->November 22, 2000

Quite a while ago eh?

edit: Copy and pasting just isn't the same with WYSIWYG [ie. it parses hidden tags]
                          I did a search for news articles in the last seven dates and when the article scanned at 11/22, I kept it. It was the only one that looked relevant. Sorry.
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X