Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2.2.9 still RC ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Radon3k
    replied
    Ah I see...I figured you had your own servers, would make sense.

    Leave a comment:


  • JamesUS
    replied
    Originally posted by Radon3k
    I'll let you test it on my dedicated server if you want. Lemme know and I can setup a database and FTP access for you guys. Although I'm sure you have your own private servers you could use, but in case you don't, my server is available.
    Thanks for the offer but we do indeed have our own private development servers. The latest code of both vB 2 and 3 always runs on our beta server, and we generally upgrade some staff's sites as well. When I mentioned it earlier, I was referring to the fact that we usually upgrade this forum first but we obviously can't do that in this case as we're on vB 3 now. I'm sure we'll sort something out

    Leave a comment:


  • Radon3k
    replied
    Originally posted by JamesUS
    Yes, generally we've only declared a release stable after 3 days of no more reported bugs or problems. If there is a problem, then it's a minimum of three days from the last reported problem.

    In this case, when Scott is happy that all of the XSS issues are gone, we'll run the code somewhere (not sure where though as we can't here! ) for a couple of days to make sure the fixes do not cause any other problems then release.
    I'll let you test it on my dedicated server if you want. Lemme know and I can setup a database and FTP access for you guys. Although I'm sure you have your own private servers you could use, but in case you don't, my server is available.

    Leave a comment:


  • Guest's Avatar
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by JamesUS
    Yes, generally we've only declared a release stable after 3 days of no more reported bugs or problems. If there is a problem, then it's a minimum of three days from the last reported problem.

    In this case, when Scott is happy that all of the XSS issues are gone, we'll run the code somewhere (not sure where though as we can't here! ) for a couple of days to make sure the fixes do not cause any other problems then release.
    You guys take all the time you need, i hope 2.2.9 gold will be the last in the line of the v2 releases .

    Leave a comment:


  • ManagerJosh
    replied
    Originally posted by JamesUS
    Yes, generally we've only declared a release stable after 3 days of no more reported bugs or problems. If there is a problem, then it's a minimum of three days from the last reported problem.

    In this case, when Scott is happy that all of the XSS issues are gone, we'll run the code somewhere (not sure where though as we can't here! ) for a couple of days to make sure the fixes do not cause any other problems then release.
    I'm just gonna be happy when Jelsoft releases vB3

    Leave a comment:


  • JamesUS
    replied
    Originally posted by baragon0
    I think it's safe to assume that the delay is associated with the new XSS bug. If you look at the other releases, you will see that it always went from RC to Stable after three days.
    Yes, generally we've only declared a release stable after 3 days of no more reported bugs or problems. If there is a problem, then it's a minimum of three days from the last reported problem.

    In this case, when Scott is happy that all of the XSS issues are gone, we'll run the code somewhere (not sure where though as we can't here! ) for a couple of days to make sure the fixes do not cause any other problems then release.

    Leave a comment:


  • Scott MacVicar
    replied
    Originally posted by baragon0
    I think it's safe to assume that the delay is associated with the new XSS bug. If you look at the other releases, you will see that it always went from RC to Stable after three days.
    More or less related to the XSS, i'm searching through all the files for any more possible XSS in the light of the 3 that have surfaced in that past week.

    Leave a comment:


  • ccd1
    replied
    I think it's safe to assume that the delay is associated with the new XSS bug. If you look at the other releases, you will see that it always went from RC to Stable after three days.

    Leave a comment:


  • Joe Gronlund
    replied
    my guess is you will see 2.2.9 final tommorrow afternoon

    Leave a comment:


  • hypedave
    replied
    Originally posted by bahbah
    According to the members area 2.2.9 is still a RC...just wondered why it's still a RC when it's been released for so long now ?

    Ta

    It's better to keep it in Release Candidate stages for a couple weeks, suppose that vb 2.2.9 had been released out of RC on let's say thursday and then on Saturday to discovere another Security bug and other small glitches causing a vb 2.2.10 ...... this isnt the first vb 2.2.X series has been in RC stages for a couple of days after the release.

    Leave a comment:


  • Raz Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by bahbah
    According to the members area 2.2.9 is still a RC...just wondered why it's still a RC when it's been released for so long now ?

    Ta
    I think its more to do with the latest security vunerabilties, which I'm sure they are trying to eliminate.

    Leave a comment:


  • bahbah
    replied
    (I know what an RC release is thankyou )

    I guess they've been a little tied up with launching vB3 on vB.com, or perhaps there's just a few coding issues they want to cement before they release 2.2.9 stable
    Yea that's what I had kinda guessed. Was kinda hoping to upgrade sometime soon to 2.2.9 however. An RC on a production server isn't the best idea I'm sure you can appreciate

    Leave a comment:


  • Cary
    replied
    Originally posted by filburt1
    I have my own wild theory: that they're planning to release vB3 beta at the same time as 2.2.9.
    Thanks for the laugh

    Leave a comment:


  • filburt1
    replied
    I have my own wild theory: that they're planning to release vB3 beta at the same time as 2.2.9. But no evidence to support it so don't get your hopes up. Being a mod at vBT doesn't give me access to release dates

    Leave a comment:


  • MarkB
    replied
    Originally posted by bahbah
    According to the members area 2.2.9 is still a RC...just wondered why it's still a RC when it's been released for so long now ?

    Ta
    I guess they've been a little tied up with launching vB3 on vB.com, or perhaps there's just a few coding issues they want to cement before they release 2.2.9 stable

    Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X